Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Mayweather Fight Made Him An All-Time Great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

floyd was already a hall of famer when he left 130lbs......i think the de la hoya fight made him a atg.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      just cuz they go in the hall doesn't mean shi t (and most of them won't). there's no hif fighter he fought close to their prime. if diego squeezes in its cuz of his wars, not boxing skill, same with gatti.

jmm is a joke, just like it will be when pac beats him at 147. jmm was 2 weight classes fom his maximum weight.

floyd definitely has some very solid wins. but no career defining win--YET.
      Do you really need a career defining fight to be an ATG though?

Do you consider Ken Buchanan an ATG?

Comment

I love how he didn't mention the wins early in his career. Goes to show this kid hasn't been watching boxing for very long.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          The boxing Hall of Fame ain't that exclusive~
          Its like they think its gonna be a lil party in heaven with Ali, Robinson, Duran and Joe louis. I think the real problem is Floyd hasnt strugled with any of these guys so his bar is set well above everybody in history. I take it he is just barely gonna make the HoF too?

Iron Dan please tell me DLH wont get in the HoF again so I really believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP]Kirby View Post
            I love how he didn't mention the wins early in his career. Goes to show this kid hasn't been watching boxing for very long.
            here comes floyd sucker again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u ducked my question then......u envy ellerbe in my sig??????????

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              Just when I think you had gone as far as you can go.

DLh, wont get in?
              JMM wont get in?
              Gatti wont get in?
              WOW.

I actually underlined; Hernandez, Corrales, Gatti and Castillo.

But well done for letting everyone know you struggle with basic comprehension.

And Gatti might but its unlikely to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ross View Post
                here comes floyd sucker again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u ducked my question then......u envy ellerbe in my sig??????????
                Either you're bipolar or you're just trolling Gino. One week you're straight and hate Pacquiao, the other week you're gay and hate Floyd, what's next? Next week you'll admit to sucking Wlad's dick so Freedom! can green you with his multiple accounts?

Comment

Its like they think its gonna be a lil party in heaven with Ali, Robinson, Duran and Joe louis. I think the real problem is Floyd hasnt strugled with any of these guys so his bar is set well above everybody in history. I take it he is just barely gonna make the HoF too?

Really? Are you going to make me do this?

RE-READ the post and look who I underlined.

You do know what underlining is yes? Like the sentance I have underlined from your post?

Re-read it please.

Comment

I don't think Oscar was underlined.

Floyd is a polarizing figure, people either love (the people that don't really care what he does outside the ring for the most part) or hate him (the people that hate everything about him and anything about him gets on their last nerve). Can't really expect good conversation with that sort of gulf between the parties involved.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Really? Are you going to make me do this?

RE-READ the post and look who I underlined.

You do know what underlining is yes? Like the sentance I have underlined from your post?

Re-read it please.
                      It was the first four you underlined not the last three. I would still bet all those guys get in though, but it has more to do with popularity and certain situation those guys are involved with than being way up there in the boxing pantheon.
                      Last edited by The Gambler1981; 03-08-2011, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X