Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since when is a close fight by 1 or 2 points a robbery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G Doggy Dog View Post
    LOL he gets knocked down twice and you say won by at least 4 points? thats impossible lol add it up son
    it's not impossible at all. if hopkins won the other 10 rounds it would be 116-110.

Comment

If you want to take the belt from the champ, win it decisively, not just by ONE POINT

If Pac gets beat by 1 point eveyone here would say "THEY GOTTA BEAT EM DECISIVELY!!! PAC IS THE CHAMP"

Comment

decisive even with the knockdowns? B Hop didnt clean out every round after the 3rd

scorecards for Pascal (In my HONEST OPINION)

1.10-8
        2.10-9
        3.10-8
        4.9-10
        5.10-10
        6.9-10
        7.9-10
        8.9-10
        9.9-10
        10.9-10
        11.9-10
        12.10-9

113-114 for Hopkins...by 1 point in my honest opinion

1 more round could of been given to Pascal by anyone and it would been 114-113 for Pascal...how is a fight that close on the cards a ROBBERY? LMFAO

It was a draw, it was not a robbery...if they scored it 120-111 for Pascal ala Williams-Martinez I then I would agree, it would be robbery but it was a draw. And the canadian judge was impartial with his scorecard too
        giving every somewhat competitive round to pascal is impartial? i think that's the definition of being biased. if he scored each round based on its own merit he would have hopkins winning but he chose to give pascal the somewhat close rounds to he could have an excuse to have pascal winning.

just because a round is competitive doesn't mean pascal automatically gets it. you say to yourself ok pascal landed some nice punches but hopkins landed even more while making it his type of fight. if hopkins was just following him around not landing like calzaghe than yes you would give the round to pascal based on clean punches but hopkins put in good effective work to the head and body while controlling the ring so hopkins deserves the round.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          giving every somewhat competitive round to pascal is impartial? i think that's the definition of being biased. if he scored each round based on its own merit he would have hopkins winning but he chose to give pascal the somewhat close rounds to he could have an excuse to have pascal winning.

just because a round is competitive doesn't mean pascal automatically gets it. you say to yourself ok pascal landed some nice punches but hopkins landed even more while making it his type of fight. if hopkins was just following him around not landing like calzaghe than yes you would give the round to pascal based on clean punches but hopkins put in good effective work to the head and body while controlling the ring so hopkins deserves the round.
          if he wanted Pascals belt he shouldnt of went to the canvas

simple as that son, gotta win the belt from a champ decisively SON

Comment

It's always been that way on message boards.

I once started a thread saying what the worst robbery of all-time was, and showed a fight (Coggi-Gonzalez 1) where Coggi, under fair rules, had THREE occasions in one round where he lost by either stoppage or DQ.

Idiots responded with, Mayweather-Castillo 1 and Taylor-Wright.

Comment

if he wanted Pascals belt he shouldnt of went to the canvas

simple as that son, gotta win the belt from a champ decisively SON
              he did win decisively(to people who know how to score) it was only close to people who score on emotion. canadians/butthurt tarver

Comment

LOL he gets knocked down twice and you say won by at least 4 points? thats impossible lol add it up son
                he won by 6 points if the two knocked but lost every round in the rest of the fight

10*2=20 2 rounds he got 10-8 rounds in

9*10=90 10 rounds he lost with 9-10 ronds

90+20=110

Hopkins

8*2=16 on the 2 round he got knocked down
                10*10=100 on the 10 rounds he won

100+16=116

116-110=6

pascal needed to win 3 more rounds to even tie the fight which we all know he didnt win 3 rounds after round 3

Comment

LMFAO at all the ppl gettin mad screamin robbery when it was by 1 or 2 points in most peoples eyes. worst has happened in boxing.

Pacquiao gets beat by Marquez by 1 or 2 points and its okay, cuz he has broken english and is funny...but when its in Canada "BERNARD WAS FKIN ROBBED! EVEN THO IT WAS A NARROW WIN" lol think about it

Get over it, the fight was close because of the knockdowns. Bernard won more rounds YES, but lost the win cuz of the knockdowns and crying that a hit to the ear was a rabbit punch LMFAO

scorecards for Pascal (In my HONEST OPINION)

1.10-8
                  2.10-9
                  3.10-8
                  4.9-10
                  5.10-10 even
                  6.9-10
                  7.9-10
                  8.9-10
                  9.9-10
                  10.9-10
                  11.9-10
                  12.10-9

113-114 for Hopkins...by 1 points in my honest opinion. if you gave pascal round 5 which i think he won really but ill say it was even, Pascal would of won..THAT IS NOT A ROBBERY sons...

BOXING IS SCORED ON CARDS, NOT OVERALL COMPUBOX STATS
                  you're an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                  X