No announcement yet.

Ali or Louis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Lol, you've just taken a diminished version of Ali and made him prime and put him up against a diminished version of Louis who wasn't prime.
    diminished version of ali?
    ali was trying to make his prediction true and stop cooper in 5, as round 5showed ali could have stopped cooper way earlier in the fight if he wanted to.
    and i rather compare the cooper ali with louis than the jimmy young ali like the author was trying to do.

The author of the article was using a prime Louis vs all of Ali's styles, not just saying Louis wins because Ali would fight like he did in Frazier.

then why doesnt he talk about the first liston fight ?
    i think ali never showed footwork like that again.

and btw. i didnt compare the old louis with ali, i was just trying to say ali could do the same thing to a prime louis what walcott did to an old louis.

Comment

i like that article. imo louis is the greater heavyweight overall and in a h2h matchup. like jab said though, it's not hard to understand someone picking ali.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
        diminished version of ali?
        ali was trying to make his prediction true and stop cooper in 5, as round 5showed ali could have stopped cooper way earlier in the fight if he wanted to.
        and i rather compare the cooper ali with louis than the jimmy young ali like the author was trying to do.
        Im of the opinion Louis beats either of these versions
        then why doesnt he talk about the first liston fight ?
        i think ali never showed footwork like that again.

You would probably have to ask the author that. Ali's footwork was great that night. But an old Liston is not a prime Louis.

and btw. i didnt compare the old louis with ali, i was just trying to say ali could do the same thing to a prime louis what walcott did to an old louis.

Relax, I wasn't trying to be rude.

Comment

Louis is my favorite all-time fighter I just happen to think Ali shades him by a little.

Poet

Comment

@jab5239

the author is basically trying to say "if norton beats an ali who had his 2. peak, prime louis would beat prime ali"
            i have used the same analogy, it works both ways

Comment

von Manstein versus von Rundstedt who takes it?

Poet

Comment

@jab5239

the author is basically trying to say "if norton beats an ali who had his 2. peak, prime louis would beat prime ali"
                i have used the same analogy, it works both ways

Fair enough. But do you not agree with many of his criticisms about Ali's flaws?

Comment

Fair enough. But do you not agree with many of his criticisms about Ali's flaws?
                  every1 has flaws, but what happens when some1 exposes your flaws?
                  how do u react ?
                  ali proved himself over & over again in tough fights, and this fight would be a real war, unlike those exhibition fights joe louis made during the second world war, while others fought at the front

Comment

every1 has flaws, but what happens when some1 exposes your flaws?
                    how do u react ?
                    ali proved himself over & over again in tough fights, and this fight would be a real war, unlike those exhibition fights joe louis made during the second world war, while others fought at the front
                    Im not taking the bait, my man.

Comment

unlike those exhibition fights joe louis made during the second world war, while others fought at the front
                      As opposed to Ali the draft dodger?

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X