No announcement yet.

Setanta get JMM-Diaz!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setanta get JMM-Diaz!!!

Setanta Sports have pulled out the stops again to seal a deal to screen Juan Manuel Marquez's mouthwatering lightweight world title clash with Juan Diaz.

Ring magazine champion Marquez's contest with Diaz in Houston in the early hours of Sunday is a real treat for connoisseurs of the sport.

The vacant WBA and WBO belts will also be on the line in a bout which will effectively decide who is the number one fighter in the lightweight division.

35-year-old Mexican Marquez claims he feels 10 years younger and the battle for many is too tough to call.

Chris John's WBA featherweight clash with Rocky Juarez will also be live from The Toyota Center on another great night for fight fans.

John is unbeaten in 42 fights and holds a victory over Marquez. The Indonesian fighter will relish this rare opportunity to showcase his talents to the American public and prove he belongs in pound-for-pound discussions.

"We are calling this event Supremacy because the winners of both of these two fights will reign supreme in their respective divisions," said David Itskowitch, the COO for Golden Boy Promotions.

"The mark of a great fight is when you ask 20 people who will win this fight and you have 10 people that say one guy will win and 10 that say the other will win. That’s what we’ve got here with Marquez vs. Diaz."

Because of the timing of the main bill, the fight is unlikely to be screened on Freeview but Setanta by Broadband will be in a position to show both contests after resolving the problems of last weekend. More clarification on this will be posted when available.

http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/o...ta/gnid-41753/
    Last edited by -----------; 02-25-2009, 12:33 PM.

great news, setanta really is the home of boxing.

Comment

That's a good news...

Comment

Guys do me a favour if i complain about Setanta again just slap the **** outta me!!! I LOVE YOU SETANTA

Comment

Great news!!! I just hope I dont end up watching a blue screen again!

Comment

Originally posted by mr.crust View Post
            Great news!!! I just hope I dont end up watching a blue screen again!

Thank you for your feedback.

Setanta by Broadband sincerely apologises for the interruption to the live online broadcasting of Setanta Sports 2.

We have been investigating on the cause of the issue last few days. This was due to an unforeseen technical issue and whilst we aim to consistently deliver a professional service to our subscribers.

Unfortunately on this occasion we were unable to rectify the issue early Sunday morning.

We have taken disposition to ensure this will not reoccur overnight from Saturday to Sunday for Karo Murat vs. Cristian Sanavia and Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz fights.

Best Regards,

Setanta by Broadband Customer Service

Ah well.. didn't get the refund i asked for, but as they've confirmed Marquez v. Diaz I'll quit moaning about it.

Comment

So what was this problem Setanta had with last weekends fights? Did they show Cotto-Jennings in the end? I just ask cos i'm away travelling at the moment, will renew my subscription when I get back in April if they keep on putting these kind of fights. They haven't got much planned after this weekend so hope they make some new/more fight announcements soon.

Comment

Working...
              X