No announcement yet.

JUDGE: Apple MUST ADVERTISE that Samsung didn't copy the Ipad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] JUDGE: Apple MUST ADVERTISE that Samsung didn't copy the Ipad

Apple is filled with a bunch of wannabe patent trolls. The only time they win cases are in the United States where judges are bought and with a flawed patent system.

http://mashable.com/2012/07/18/apple-runs-samsung-ads/

Today a UK judge ordered that Apple must issue a notice stating that Samsung did not copy its design for the iPad.

Apple’s statement must be published on its UK website for six months and be distributed throughout several British magazines and newspapers, Bloomberg reports.

Judge Colin Birss mandated that the notice must detail the July 9 ruling in which he dismissed Apple’s lawsuit over Samsung’s Galaxy Tab. According to Birss, the design for the Galaxy tablets doesn’t infringe on that of Apple’s product. He even went as far to say the Samsung designs weren’t as distinctively “cool” as the iPad.

“[The Galaxy tablets] do not have the same understated and extreme simplicity which is possessed by the Apple design. They are not as cool,” Birss said.

The order means that Apple will essentially have to run advertisement for Samsung in the UK, a move that may be inherently bad for business. “No company likes to refer to a rival on its website,” Apple lawyer Richard Hacon told the court.

The UK lawsuit isn’t the only legal battle the Cupertino, Calif.-based company is fighting. Similar disputes between Apple and Samsung are still unsettled in Germany, the Netherlands and the U.S. Also this month, Apple paid a cool $60 million for the “iPad” name in China.

Still doesn't change the fact that loads of other companies are trying to cash in on ripoffs from Apple.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaman View Post
      Still doesn't change the fact that loads of other companies are trying to cash in on ripoffs from Apple.
      TBH, you will find Asus makes better Tablets than Apple...

However anyway... Apple have great marketing. However like their phones, people are starting to realise that they are simple and over priced. Android Tablets are going to start becoming a lot more popular.

Comment

I need 15 posts to post a pic. I had 17 posts... WTH happened. LOL.

Comment

Comment

Comment

i just want apple to win because they're from america

Comment

Originally posted by Luffy View Post
                i just want apple to win because they're from america
                yet, all their parts are manufactured and assembled outside of America, from non-american companies.

Comment

Originally posted by ANDROIDISM View Post
                  Hey do you still hate black people?

Comment

Working...
                  X