Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko make a racist statement about Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Referring to a boxing scene article recently posted, Vitali comments on Haye's appearance on a reality show based in the jungle called I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here:

“I know that Haye is currently in the jungle, because he's participating in a reality show. This is a proper place for him, he should also train over there”.

Just making a poll on this to gauge the general consensus as quite a few people have commented in the original thread that they found the statement to be racist.
    Definitely not racist. When he's saying "this is a proper place for him" he's meaning the reality show not the jungle. Haye is all about grabbing attention with his antics so being in a reality show is right for him.

If Vitali said, "I know that Haye is currently in the jungle. This is a proper place for him because he is with his brothers.." then yeah, it's racist.

Comment

Oh come on, this political correctness **** is ridiculous! Its just an off the cuff remark. The show is well known in Europe (I'm not sure if its in America) for having washed up celebrities and wannabes as contestants. So I'm sure Vitali meant it as a dig at Haye, who is well known for wanting to be an actor and craves the celebrity lifestyle!

Comment

Fucking ****** gasping at straws.

He's implying that he's trash and belongs out in the jungle because of it. Learn to context.

I feel sorry for anyone who voted yes, you kids must get offended very easily.

Comment

Each culture has sayings that are unknown to other cultures. I heard a guy on the radio say he was accused of racism overseas for saying "I'm just calling a spade a spade". This saying has no racial overtones here in Australia (a spade refers to a shovel), but apparently it does, or can, overseas.

A Ukrainian member might be able to tell us if any 'jungle' reference is used in the Ukraine to refer to ill-behaved people.

It could be racist, he could be trying to win over racists in Ukraine as part of his political ambitions, it may have been a mix-up as I discribed above, or it may have a meaning we haven't considered.

Comment

Absolutely not.His comment is quite clearly in regards to David Haye's behaviour and conduct(being akin to that of a wild animal) as opposed to the colour of his skin.

The only thing I find offensive is the comparison itself,as Vitali should know better as not to demean wild animals in such a manner.

Comment

i dont get it....what does Haye have to do with a jungle?

Comment

Typical.

That mother****er had a tshirt with both their heads cut off and Vitali tells him something with words and it's viewed as derogatory?? Whoever is crying over that deserves to be in that jungle where Haye should be. End of!!

Comment

Originally posted by GG Magic View Post
                  This was in no way racist. Anyone who knows Vitali Klitschko even half-well can tell you he's no racist.

And no, it wasn't a poor choice of words. Its sad to see some posters so defensive at this kind of a statement.

Here's a tip: Try putting things into context.
                  I suppose you get along with Vitali very well and hang out with him quite often? Drinking buddies?
                  Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                  And who is to decide if this rule is still valid?

Vitali's quote can only be interpreted racist if you still see the skin color. Vitali sees Haye as a man, not as a black man, and therefore hasn't said anything racist.
                  And I suppose you can read minds?
                  Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 11-10-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

why are you people so butthurt?

in before "what do you mean you people"

Comment

I would have to give Vitali the benefit of the doubt. I think he just chose the wrong words.

Comment

Working...
                      X