No announcement yet.

So I was called a racist the other day

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was called a racist the other day

Well I was at the bar the other day drinking it up. The bar was about to close and I saw some lady I know, who had been with some guy all night. I started talking to her and what not, when I made the comment to her "So you gonna leave with that black dude home or y'all going to an after party?". That's all I said and dude started flipping out, calling me a racist and trying to engage into a fight and that I had no right to say "black dude". He had to be taken out of the bar and I tried telling him I didn't mean anything with that comment but the guy wasn't having it. I'm Mexican by the way, and I'm by no means racist at all and wouldn't have cared if somebody said "that Mexican dude". I don't wanna say the typical "I'm not racist I got black friends, ect.", but being called racist bothered me. Did y'all think I was out of line?

I would have punched you in your big white nose. Then I would have called all of my homies, who are piss drunk on OE, and we would have driven by in my '87 buick with 25" rims and sprayed your house up, leaving you and your family wet.

Comment

Originally posted by J-H View Post
      I would have punched you in your big white nose. Then I would have called all of my homies, who are piss drunk on OE, and we would have driven by in my '87 buick with 25" rims and sprayed your house up, leaving you and your family wet.
      Well, that's better than being called racist publicly.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Well I was at the bar the other day drinking it up. The bar was about to close and I saw some lady I know, who had been with some guy all night. I started talking to her and what not, when I made the comment to her "So you gonna leave with that black dude home or y'all going to an after party?". That's all I said and dude started flipping out, calling me a racist and trying to engage into a fight and that I had no right to say "black dude". He had to be taken out of the bar and I tried telling him I didn't mean anything with that comment but the guy wasn't having it. I'm Mexican by the way, and I'm by no means racist at all and wouldn't have cared if somebody said "that Mexican dude". I don't wanna say the typical "I'm not racist I got black friends, ect.", but being called racist bothered me. Did y'all think I was out of line?
        I really hate when people make this statment. So do you count how many black friends you have? I don't think your racist but we as people have stop saying that black dude or that white dude, that mexican dude. We are all people. Here is what you should of said "So you gonna leave with that guy/man dude home or y'all going to an after party?". It's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          Well, that's better than being called racist.
          I would have triggerhappy in the Buick with me, since he like I has horrible credit and doesn't have his own car. He would have called you racist right before we put holes in you and your loved ones.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
            I really hate when people make this statment. So do you count how many black friends you have? I don't think your racist but we as people have stop saying that black dude or that white dude, that mexican dude. We are all people. Here is what you should of said "So you gonna leave with that guy/man dude home or y'all going to an after party?". It's as simple as that.
            How else are you supposed to keep track of them?

Comment

Originally posted by J-H View Post
              How else are you supposed to keep track of them?

lol I shouldnt laugh but that was hilarious

anyway, what you kinda did was distasteful ts, by saying that black dude, you are making it look like she is going with someone lesser than she should be going at. thats what it seems to me anyway, was it racist? no but it was kinda rude, infact it was definitely rude. you should have just said him instead of black guy, people react in other ways, some wouldnt get offended and some who are thick would

Comment

That wasn't racist at all. Although it's not always polite to refer to someone's race when describing them, but the guy still overreacted. It might annoy some, but most people wouldn't pick a fight over something like that.

It's possible he might have been jealous and insecure that you were talking to the girl he was with or he was just being a dickhead starting trouble.

It's also possible he might be a self-hating uncle tom and was offended that you called him black.

One thing is for sure. He's an asshole.
                Last edited by blaze778; 12-31-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by triggerhapppy View Post
                  I obviously picked the wrong word choice since I didn't even know him, and I do agree with the whole whiteboy/black guy/Mexican thing. But it's kinda common slang I think, I don't know how it all got started but it's just the way it is.

Friend 1 "Hey remember Jared from back then?"
                  Friend 2 "Naw, who?"
                  Friend 1 "The whiteboy who worked at Wal-Mart"

I'm sure tons of non-racist people make remarks similar to these all the time, I'm not sure it's right or politically correct but there are some people who are way too sensitive about that stuff. Ranting a little bit now, so I'll stop.

Comment

you should have just laughed.....

Comment

Working...
                    X