Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto voted the most hated Athlete in PR followed by Juanma ROFLMAO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miguel Cotto fue seleccionado como el deportista boricua más odiado por los seguidores de Facebook de El Nuevo Día.
    That's from the El Nuevo Dia's Facebook followers, not the entire Puerto Rico voting.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!! LOL...you can tell Cotto is a very private person...dude is a pure introvert...not hard to see that

Comment

Is anyone really surprised? I knew this for years.

Comment

well, we knew he had a hard act to follow in Trinidad, both in career terms and in terms of gaining the public's affection, and certainly he's proven to be a poor heir.

i respect that he's close with his kids and whatnot and seems like a good father, but he does come over like a bit of an ass outside of that.

Comment

Judging from hatred received by most fighters here on BS. Its probably a form of compliment to Cotto who seems to me a stand up guy. He always shows nothing but love publicly to PR. He's not a rah rah people person. Compile that with the amount of times he probably heard "You'll never be Trinidad" and you'd probably be hesitant in large crowds too. That's how fans are though. Their mad when you talk **** and win. They're mad win youre quiet. PR should be ashamed of that poll.

Comment

lol, i can see why judging by his "interview" after the trout fight! generally tho he seems like a good lad.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                Judging from hatred received by most fighters here on BS. Its probably a form of compliment to Cotto who seems to me a stand up guy. He always shows nothing but love publicly to PR. He's not a rah rah people person. Compile that with the amount of times he probably heard "You'll never be Trinidad" and you'd probably be hesitant in large crowds too. That's how fans are though. Their mad when you talk **** and win. They're mad win youre quiet. PR should be ashamed of that poll.
                What do you think about Juanma being voted #2?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  According to Google translate:

Probably right about the 'heavy' part alright.

Would never have seen Cotto as arrogant at all, you get the impression from 24-7/Fight Camp that the truth is quite the opposite.
                  You see what their handlers want you to see. That being said I don't think he's arrogant in the sense that if he was an ordinary man people would see him as an unapproachable and rude man but when you're rich that behaviour looks as though you have an elitist mentality people expect you to spend time with the fans.

Remember not long ago Sergio Martinez having some not nice things to say about Cotto because he snubbed him.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                    What do you think about Juanma being voted #2?
                    Juanma's mouth wrote a check. He likes to make excuses. All I can tink of is maybe Ricans feel Cotto brought shame by taking a couple of knees. I don't hold those fights against him personally. If that is the case then Tito should get the same hate for his one sided thumpings he took at the end. Other than that Cotto is only guilty of fighting the best, keeping it classy and keeping his life private. Not a real crime is it?

Comment

Cotto's only classy when he's winning, the time when its easiest to be classy. when he loses, 3 out of 4 times he won't do the interview and will sulk like a big Baby Huey instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X