Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alternatives to buying windows software?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chav View Post
    The only alternative i've tried in recent years over Windows has been Mac & Ubuntu and both have pissed on windows. Im definitely not upgrading my windows machines to windows 8 as all i hear is bad reviews. i would have said get Ubuntu, but if Shawn is saying its poop, I would take his word but still have a sniff around at it
    well the main reason i needed a new windows disk was to wipe my computer and start fresh again. can i do that with the ubuntu? also is the interface on ubuntu similar to windows?

Comment

Windows is your only choice, you must obey. There is no alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by GUMBIE View Post
        Windows is your only choice, you must obey. There is no alternative.
        why did you change your name ibreakbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Luffy View Post
          well the main reason i needed a new windows disk was to wipe my computer and start fresh again. can i do that with the ubuntu? also is the interface on ubuntu similar to windows?
          what do you mean? Do you want to install ubuntu over the entire hard drive? (windows). While you're installing ubuntu, Ubuntu will ask you if you want to wipe out the entire drive and install Ubuntu as your main OS, it'll also ask you if you want to install Ubuntu alongside windows.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHookGarcia View Post
            what do you mean? Do you want to install ubuntu over the entire hard drive? (windows). While you're installing ubuntu, Ubuntu will ask you if you want to wipe out the entire drive and install Ubuntu as your main OS, it'll also ask you if you want to install Ubuntu alongside windows.
            if i select install ubuntu as main OS will it delete every file and program on my computer? (im thinking yea but not sure) also is the interface on ubuntu the same as windows?

Comment

go with backtrack that way if you every lose internet you can always just jack someones.

Comment

Working...
              X