Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if Pac beats Mayweather and retires, is he automatically on the top 5 GOAT list?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have the WBC, the WBA, the WBO and the IBF. Then you have lots of weight divisions. Yes, boxing championships have been severely watered down.

That makes it very difficult to rank boxers in the ATL. This would be a very interesting conversation between Bert Sugar, Kellerman and Merchant. However, if it were easy to win championships in 7 different divisions, wouldn't be everybody doing it?

Pacquiao dominated Cotto in a stunning way. I still can't believe he didn't get dizzy after Cotto broke his right eardrum! That's insane!

It's a tough call, but he should definitely be among the top 10.

Comment

pacquiao won't even make my top 50......i have never seen a more cherry picked resume by a promoter in all my life....bob arum has given pacquiao the easiest fights in every weight division going up....and pacman doesn't deserve credit for beating morales, barrera, de la hoya.......who were all past prime......did Larry Holmes take credit for beating Muhammad Ali??? did Muhammad Ali take credit for beating Archie Moore???? NO...Ali takes credit for beating Foreman, Frazier, Liston, Patterson, Norton etc....Fighters who are considered the best at his time...Not washed up greats....what i say is the truth....if you have a comeback i want to see some facts and real arguments to back up your claims...cause pacquiao doesn't deserve credit for those wins

Comment

Originally posted by The Stone Roses View Post
        pacquiao won't even make my top 50......i have never seen a more cherry picked resume by a promoter in all my life....bob arum has given pacquiao the easiest fights in every weight division going up....and pacman doesn't deserve credit for beating morales, barrera, de la hoya.......who were all past prime......did Larry Holmes take credit for beating Muhammad Ali??? did Muhammad Ali take credit for beating Archie Moore???? NO...Ali takes credit for beating Foreman, Frazier, Liston, Patterson, Norton etc....Fighters who are considered the best at his time...Not washed up greats....what i say is the truth....if you have a comeback i want to see some facts and real arguments to back up your claims...cause pacquiao doesn't deserve credit for those wins
        Can you make me a list of your best opponents for Pacquiao from 2003 up to today??? Make at least 3 fights a year fro 2003-2009, name the fighters & tell why pac should have fought them.

Comment

LOL AT you, you dont get any credit here buddayyyy:bukkake:

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyman View Post
            remember what manny steward was saying on the pac/cotto broadcast, how pac is up there with the ray robinson's and ali's...as of right now, i don't think so, but if he was to beat mayweather and retire for good, would anyone put Pacquiao above those two on their lists?
            Top 10 right now, top 5 if he defeats Floyd, top 3 if by chance he defeats Mosley to be undisputed Welterweight King, and the greatest of all time if he challenges and wins an 8th world title in the super-ww division (specially if it turns out to be against Williams or Chavez Jr., not Fury), then retire.

Comment

No hell no. I am a huge Pac fan even if he beats Floyd he would not be top 10 on my list. Let alone top 5. He would have to do way more than just beat Floyd to be even considered top 10 on my list. If he beats Floyd I would put him top 25.
              Last edited by jrosales13; 12-10-2009, 05:18 AM.

Comment

You mean beating Frazier after his brains were scrambled by Foreman?

See what I did there?

Comment

Off the top of my head and how I feel I'd put him around top 15-20 if he beat Floyd...

Floyd is just inside of the top 50 himself(somewhere in the mid to late 40's) IMO so I wouldn't bump up Manny TOO high for beating Floyd...

Comment

At least Top 3

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                      You mean beating Frazier after his brains were scrambled by Foreman?

See what I did there?
                      Well you could argue Ali wasn't the same fighter either after the long break...but I know wat point you were tryna make...

Comment

Working...
                      X