Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I pick Winning, Grant or Cletos.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I pick Winning, Grant or Cletos.

I am only planning to use one type of glove for my training/sparring.

Whichever brand I pick it's gonna be that brands training gloves. Some people say that buying two types of gloves are necessary ie a bag glove and a training glove.

I say, no need, from my own prior experience, I've used training gloves before for everything, ie sparring/mitt work/bag work and they held up fine for years.

And if I am going to add a bag glove, it's definitely gonna be the Winning velcro 14 oz.

But right now, I need y'alls help on which brand to go with and why y'all prefer that particular brand.
    Grant pro training gloves 16 oz
    22.22%
    Cleto Reyes 16 oz
    29.63%
    Winning lace up 16 oz
    44.44%
    Ringside IMF tech training gloves 16 oz
    3.70%

neither, your a fukin disgrace to boxing gloves, your only doing it cause you wanna become like your hero pacquiao, stupid bum..

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
      neither, your a fukin disgrace to boxing gloves, your only doing it cause you wanna become like your hero pacquiao, stupid bum..
      hey x, what's up with your boyfriend Dinamita?

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret View Post
        I swear, somebody put rat poison all over boxingscene so we can kill this rat. Go back to your hole b*tch

Comment

Try the Cleto Reyes gloves

Comment

Winning are really good but more expensive and they are great for training.
            Good for bad hands or preserving your hands, because in training the other stuff doesn't matter as much.

Comment

Does price matter for you? I have the Ringside IMF techs and I like them a lot, they hold up very well, great hand protection too. I think they are the cheapest of the ones on your list.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshPrince View Post
                Does price matter for you? I have the Ringside IMF techs and I like them a lot, they hold up very well, great hand protection too. I think they are the cheapest of the ones on your list.
                I've actually tried on the Ringside IMF's and I would say, that the majority of folks in my gym either have the IMF's or Twins.

The thing is, I used to have these super nice Ringside gloves made of cowhide leather and they were f**kin' great, I mean, the quality on the gloves, the feel, it matches up with the best of 'em. But what I've noticed in recent years with Ringside and their line of gloves, is that they don't make 'em like they use to. I was looking for the same ones I had before, and they don't carry it anymore.

Now everything is made of "all-grain leather", that's why gloves, even the expensive ones tear up alot easier than before.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna have to drop the Winnings from my list, it's too expensive at this time. It's gonna have to be between the Grants and Cletos.

I've worn Cletos pro gloves and they felt great, but I've never worn any of their bag gloves or training gloves. I've never worn Grants, how are they?

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
                  I am only planning to use one type of glove for my training/sparring.

Whichever brand I pick it's gonna be that brands training gloves. Some people say that buying two types of gloves are necessary ie a bag glove and a training glove.

I say, no need, from my own prior experience, I've used training gloves before for everything, ie sparring/mitt work/bag work and they held up fine for years.

And if I am going to add a bag glove, it's definitely gonna be the Winning velcro 14 oz.

But right now, I need y'alls help on which brand to go with and why y'all prefer that particular brand.
                  I have never used anything other than Everlast, maybe I'm missing something but I'm probably not as serious as you. I typically hit the bag with the same gloves I spar with so I can do the same thing on the bag in sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sensational! View Post
                    I have never used anything other than Everlast, maybe I'm missing something but I'm probably not as serious as you. I typically hit the bag with the same gloves I spar with so I can do the same thing on the bag in sparring.
                    My first half of my "fighting life" I mainly wore my Cowhide leather Ringside lace ups for training, worn Cletos, Twins and Fairtex for competition(Muay Thai)

I'm simply looking for something different. I've never worn Winning or Grants and just wanted to hear peoples opinions.

Asian, are you still active as far as being a boxer, or you just like to write about the sport?

Comment

Working...
                    X