Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest hypejobs of this decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least Khan took a chance and stepped up AGED 21.
    Stepped up? against who? Prescott still isn't anything more than a good prospect.

Name a single fighter who was ranked by anyone other than Frank Warren when khan fought them.
    You all think Hatton is some working class hero.

The guy is the biggest fraud ever in British boxing.
    P4P top ten, undisputed 140 king, just obliterated the No2 ranked 140, some fraud.

Do you know at them after dinner speaking events he does, he charges you £20 for his autograph on your own photo and if you want a glove signing he charges you £50?.
    After dinner speaches are supposed to be money making events you idiot thats what they are designed to do, Both my Hatton signatures cost me nothing and he was happy to stand and talk to me for ages despite me taking the piss over Utd beating them the week before.

Twunt.

Comment

What's a hypejob? Some with a lot of hype or someone with a lot of hype who doesnt deliver?

Amir Khan was an outstanding amateur. Absoloutely dominated. Went to the olympics at age 17 and wins a SILVER medal. Beats the guy he lost to in the final straight after and then turns pro. Starts knocking guys out real quick. Very entertaining performances. Has speed and power and draws a **** load of viewers which is a GREAT thing in these dark days of boxing.

People keep criticising his opponents even though he's still working his way through the ranks. Every boxer has to do it that way. People still aren't happy and keep demanding he steps up.

Gets knocked out in the first round by Prescott. Now all of a sudden this is a brilliant thing? A guy thats drawing more viewers than most world champions. Most of all...he's a nice ****ing bloke.

The same people that ***** about "boxing dying" are getting erections when one of its brightest prospects gets KO'd?

Amir Khan is a fantastic boxer. He just possibly has one of the worst chins in boxing history...

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
        Stepped up? against who? Prescott still isn't anything more than a good prospect.

Name a single fighter who was ranked by anyone other than Frank Warren when khan fought them. P4P top ten, undisputed 140 king, just obliterated the No2 ranked 140, some fraud.

After dinner speaches are supposed to be money making events you idiot thats what they are designed to do, Both my Hatton signatures cost me nothing and he was happy to stand and talk to me for ages despite me taking the piss over Utd beating them the week before.

Twunt.
        Martin Kristjansen was WBO number 2.

I am aware they are designed to make money. But they aren't designed to be clear rip off schemes by a bloke that claims to be a "man of the people" and a "right down t'earth lad".

Khan donated £700,000 of his own money to create a gym for the local kids of Bolton and you don't hear him sounding like a broken record, "i'm a right down t'earth lad me, i like a lickle beer and a lickle pie".

I could list numerous money making schemes designed by Hatton:

Endless crap books and dvds being released on a yearly basis.

Post fight parties that entitle you too stand in a tent while Hatton is in a seperate VIP selection with other down t'earth people.

Team Hatton adding 10% markup to the tickets for the Mayweather fight. Mayweather didn't do this.

Ricky releasing all sorts of tat with his name on it to make a few kid.

Did you know that Hatton had a scheme whereby you pay £100 pound to have your name emblazoned on his robe for the Malignaggi fight?, he intended to keep the money though (like he needs it), but it was scrapped after a huge backlash on his own website.

But they blind people follow him like he's some kind of pied piper.

There's your peoples champ.

:wt:

Comment

Now who's racist?

Not only that but you're seriously deluded and rather blind to reality.

Martin Kristjansen was WBO number 2.
          For the intercontinental title you ****ing nutjob, it's worthless.

besides which the guy isn't even Euro title level standard, christ on a perverbial bike are you really that stupid?

The guy lost to a Jason Cook victim for the love of god.
          Last edited by hammerhiem; 11-30-2008, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haye-Fan View Post
            What's a hypejob? Some with a lot of hype or someone with a lot of hype who doesnt deliver?

Amir Khan was an outstanding amateur. Absoloutely dominated. Went to the olympics at age 17 and wins a SILVER medal. Beats the guy he lost to in the final straight after and then turns pro. Starts knocking guys out real quick. Very entertaining performances. Has speed and power and draws a **** load of viewers which is a GREAT thing in these dark days of boxing.

People keep criticising his opponents even though he's still working his way through the ranks. Every boxer has to do it that way. People still aren't happy and keep demanding he steps up.

Gets knocked out in the first round by Prescott. Now all of a sudden this is a brilliant thing? A guy thats drawing more viewers than most world champions. Most of all...he's a nice ****ing bloke.

The same people that ***** about "boxing dying" are getting erections when one of its brightest prospects gets KO'd?

Amir Khan is a fantastic boxer. He just possibly has one of the worst chins in boxing history...

Amir Khan was on terestrial television that is why he was pulling the crowds plain and simple it is a Frank Warren tactics to build him a fan base with the general public so he can then bang him on Boxoffice and charge us all 15 pound PPV

wake up

Comment

Originally posted by Terrible... View Post
              Amir Khan was on terestrial television that is why he was pulling the crowds plain and simple it is a Frank Warren tactics to build him a fan base with the general public so he can then bang him on Boxoffice and charge us all 15 pound PPV

wake up
              The only pound Kahn had was a prescott pound on his glass chin. Hypejob plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
                Now who's racist?

Not only that but you're seriously deluded and rather blind to reality.

For the intercontinental title you ****ing nutjob, it's worthless.

besides which the guy isn't even Euro title level standard, christ on a perverbial bike are you really that stupid?

The guy lost to a Jason Cook victim for the love of god.
                You get ranked by the organization not the belt .

Kristjansen was WBO NUMBER 2.

Please don't insult me, i haven't insulted you. Resulting to insults clearly shows a lack of believe in your own paper thin arguement.

Comment

A Handful Of Hypejobs...............

Tye Fields
                  Michael Grant
                  Joel Julio
                  Jaidon Codrington and Curtis Stevens
                  John Duddy
                  Derrick Jefferson
                  Bernard Dunne
                  Anthony Mundine

Comment

Calzaghe is a hypejob because his best so called wins are Jeff Lacy and Mikkel Kessler, Roy was completely shot, Tarver already beat his ass..unless Tarver is the best at lhw then why does Joe get any credit at all.

So he's got a SD over 43 year old Hopkins, a fight which he lost and won't even give a rematch.

Hopkins is his only legit win, and it wasn't a great one. He's not better than Jermain Taylor, whos beat both Lacy and Hopkins as well.

FRAUD

Comment

Kristjansen was WBO NUMBER 2.

Please don't insult me, i haven't insulted you. Resulting to insults clearly shows a lack of believe in your own paper thin arguement.
                      Sure they do, WBO rank a guy not even ranked 2 in his country as two in the world, ffs.

You're insulting me with your utter stupidity you moron, you're a ****ing disgrace to boxing fans the world over.

Anyone who thinks Khan is anything but a glassed chinned pretender worthy of BBBC titles and nothing more shouldn't be discussing boxing, period.

Anytime he fights above journeyman he's going to get KTFO.

Originally posted by WBO lightweight rankings
                      Title Name Country
                      Champ NATE CAMPBELL USA
                      Interim
                      1 Marco Antonio Barrera MEX
                      2 Juan Manuel Marquez MEX
                      3 Juan Diaz USA
                      4 Anthony Peterson USA
                      5 Jorge Terron (NABO) USA
                      6 Breidis Prescott (Int-Cont) COL
                      7 Martin Kristjansen DEN
                      8 Michael Katsidis AUST
                      9 Ali Funeka SA
                      10 Jorge Barrios ARG
                      So you're saying that they put Martin Kristjansen above JMM, and Diaz are you?

Tit.
                      Last edited by hammerhiem; 11-30-2008, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X