No announcement yet.

Mike Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Jones

I'm not claiming the kid is gunna be a huge success. He does have the tools to win a belt though. He is 27 I think. When is he gunna get a decent fight. He fought a bunch of journeymen already. I mean even Selchuk Aydin gets fights on showtime. I would like to see him get a co feature on a BAD or something or even another ESPN fight or something. Kid has barely any exposure, even in philly.

I mean I guess, it's the fault of his promoter. He hasn't really failed to impress in my eyes.
    I just hope he stats active, and fights in the next couple of months again since this fight against Munoz really didn't take anything from him.

I would like to see him up against a Collazo or even another undefeated guy like Aydin who I think he would take apart.

Comment

Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
      I'm not claiming the kid is gunna be a huge success. He does have the tools to win a belt though. He is 27 I think. When is he gunna get a decent fight. He fought a bunch of journeymen already. I mean even Selchuk Aydin gets fights on showtime. I would like to see him get a co feature on a BAD or something or even another ESPN fight or something. Kid has barely any exposure, even in philly.
      He looks very solid, i have been following him pretty closely hopefully he can get a semi big headline soon. Maybe against cintron or collazo.

The more philly fighters the better

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
        He looks very solid, i have been following him pretty closely hopefully he can get a semi big headline soon. Maybe against cintron or collazo.

The more philly fighters the better
        Yea that's that I've been saying for awhile. But it seems he is getting looked over.
        On another note I wanna see some more of Hank Lundy too.

Comment

off topic, but speaking of philly I may be buying a house either in Port Richmond or Bridesburg soon, was lookin in south philly but **** is too expensive.

Comment

one of the most well-rounded fighters at 147 already.
            they're trying to grow him properly and have him establish a fanbase before he moves on to more national fights, but by that time top rank or some other big promotional company needs to sign him for real.

Comment

I think he will be the future of the HW division...

I rember a couple years ago all the hype that Berto was getting. But, ever since I was watching Mike Jones on Telefutura sole boxeo I knew he was going to be better than Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                I think he will be the future of the HW division...

I rember a couple years ago all the hype that Berto was getting. But, ever since I was watching Mike Jones on Telefutura sole boxeo I knew he was going to be better than Berto.
                You mean WW haha but I know that was just a typo.

But yea I am just hoping he grows right but a little more quickly. I hope some big promotional company picks him up soon though.

Comment

Originally posted by aristotlemoses View Post
                  Yea that's that I've been saying for awhile. But it seems he is getting looked over.
                  On another note I wanna see some more of Hank Lundy too.
                  karl dargan and teon kennedy are a couple other philly fighters i wanna see more of.
                  if nobody knows, dargan's naazim's nephew that was giving shane mosley the business earlier in camp.

Comment

Yea Dargan last fought at the end of Feb. Hopefully he gets on again soon.
                    I've seen Teon Kennedy, he is a decent fighter still a lot of work after he went to a draw with Lante Addy who was 7-4.
                    I just hope he doesn't let the death of Francisco Rodriquez **** him up to bad. That was a horrible situation obviously for the Rodriquez family but it not something a young fighter wants on his hands either.
                    Kennedy is fighting in May at Ballys in AC ill try and catch that,

Comment

Working...
                    X