Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing be all about its stars having the "highest reward/lowest risk" fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should boxing be all about its stars having the "highest reward/lowest risk" fights?

Is this how it always has been?

This wasn't done in the Delahoya era.

But its done in the Floyd era.
    ...Floyd and Pac era coincide with each other.
    (Catchweights done) in the Pac era.

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
      This wasn't done in the Delahoya era.

But its done in the Floyd era.
      ...Floyd and Pac era coincide with each other.
      (Catchweights done) in the Pac era.
      In many era's

Comment

Of course. Robinson fought Lamotta and Fullmer how many times? Old Armstrong - But wouldn't go near Charles, Booker, Williams or Burley

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
          In many era's
          Definitely true

Comment

the other day i was watching a special show from the tv network that broadcast the fights for argentina and most countrys of southamerica, it was from 1996 with oscar de la hoya as special guest, he was visiting argentina. in the interview he said that his goal was to be champion in 6 weight classes, and he also said he wanted to fight trinidad, quartey, and whitaker (he also mentioned roy jones jr as an oponent) so i guess in the past the best fought the best, oscar ended up fighting all those guys, he mention some others who i can't recall

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
              Is this how it always has been?
              Its not how it always has been, but it looks like its how its gunna be from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                the other day i was watching a special show from the tv network that broadcast the fights for argentina and most countrys of southamerica, it was from 1996 with oscar de la hoya as special guest, he was visiting argentina. in the interview he said that his goal was to be champion in 6 weight classes, and he also said he wanted to fight trinidad, quartey, and whitaker (he also mentioned roy jones jr as an oponent) so i guess in the past the best fought the best, oscar ended up fighting all those guys, he mention some others who i can't recall
                Delahoya was one of the few that did this though. He truly wanted to be the GOAT

Comment

Working...
                X