No announcement yet.

What Are You Expecting From Rigondeaux This Weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerbreadman View Post
    To clarify, I have reasons beyond my personal dislike of Rigo's style (which is irrelevant in making judgements) that I posted what I did.

1) Rigo had enough unpleasant moments against Marroquin to make him think "better a chance at Donaire if I win ugly than no chance if I get caught"

2) I honestly believe that the long, long years that Rigo has spent honing his game to perfection has left him less versatile than he should be. I'm not sure that he can bring himself to fight a different way against top-level opposition. And I know plenty of people will say "but he won't have to modify his style, Poon will come right at him"; that's true, but unless Rigo cold-****s him with a counter (which I admit is possible, but unlikely given Poon's top-level chin), then I simply don't believe Rigo has the killer instinct to finish a Poon type of fighter. A hapless Willie Casey, yes, but not the top talents at 122.
    Your 100 millions against 300 of my millions....3/1 I say Rigo win..

Comment

To clarify, I have reasons beyond my personal dislike of Rigo's style (which is irrelevant in making judgements) that I posted what I did.

1) Rigo had enough unpleasant moments against Marroquin to make him think "better a chance at Donaire if I win ugly than no chance if I get caught"

2) I honestly believe that the long, long years that Rigo has spent honing his game to perfection has left him less versatile than he should be. I'm not sure that he can bring himself to fight a different way against top-level opposition. And I know plenty of people will say "but he won't have to modify his style, Poon will come right at him"; that's true, but unless Rigo cold-****s him with a counter (which I admit is possible, but unlikely given Poon's top-level chin), then I simply don't believe Rigo has the killer instinct to finish a Poon type of fighter. A hapless Willie Casey, yes, but not the top talents at 122.
      Marquez arleady showed that a top level chin is no match for a counter puncher with timing and power.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
        Pretty straightforward ?
        for him to get exposed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
          for him to get exposed!!!!
          Dont worry, it will be painless when he Pacquiaos Donaire...

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
            Donaire ain't as wild as Pac though

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
              Your 100 millions against 300 of my millions....3/1 I say Rigo win..
              I didn't say Rigo wouldn't win, I just gave my opinion on how he'll look doing it. I can't see Rigo losing this fight at all, and I don't bet on dead dogs.

Comment

I didn't say Rigo wouldn't win, I just gave my opinion on how he'll look doing it. I can't see Rigo losing this fight at all, and I don't bet on dead dogs.
                Oooo..ok..I misunderstood..

Comment

Marquez arleady showed that a top level chin is no match for a counter puncher with timing and power.
                  True, but only in the instance of a perfect punch landing.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                    Oooo..ok..I misunderstood..
                    No problem bro

Comment

Why would i worry? he couldnt KO Robert Marroquin....and hes gonna KO Donaire! Hes only been fighting C & D class opponents in his whole 11 fight pro career hehehe.... imagine him walking through a top 5 P4P fighter. And thats what you think huh?:AYWOoD:

Comment

Working...
                      X