Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank Sr: I see my son beating Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is crazy talk. So why has he protected him so much and wont even fight domestic fights against Walker?

Id love to see him against GGG tomorrow, but I don't think GGG has even heard of him.

Comment

Only seen him fight once and not much to see as it was a showcase. Is he any good?

Comment

Obviously a ridiculous comment from Eubank Snr.

Eubank looks talented (and exciting) at times, but he's completely untested. One thing is for sure, he will have to cut out alot of the stuff he does now, when he steps up in level. The turnining his back, and standing side on and flat footed when show-boating.

I'm not so sure he beats British rival Billy Joe Saunders.

Comment

I hope he's the goods, him DeGale and Groves would be epic pre fight

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
            I'm not so sure he beats British rival Billy Joe Saunders.
            I said Walker, but I meant Saunders. Yes, he could have at least fought Saunders, but I guess his excuse was Eubank hasn't fought 12 rounds yet.

Eubank Is talented, but my gosh, he needs to step it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              I see my son beating Golovkin
              I see Quillin's son beating Golovkin if the price is right doe

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
                A very bold statement, very bold. Eubank Jr is yet to look world class even at British/European level and capture fans imagination, many either dont care or dont like him (put off by attitude etc)...GGG is world level and visibly impressing.

With all due respect to Chris Eubank and the fact he is talking about his son, this is very premature talk.
                you haven't watched him fight before..............Eubank Jr actually looks pretty d@mn good & even world class. his father is obviously getting over excited & needs to let him grow and gain experience before talking the likes of top middleweights and top super middleweights............

Comment

After Eubank Jr vs Golovkin, Eubank Jr will have a new daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
                    A very bold statement, very bold. Eubank Jr is yet to look world class even at British/European level and capture fans imagination, many either dont care or dont like him (put off by attitude etc)...GGG is world level and visibly impressing.

With all due respect to Chris Eubank and the fact he is talking about his son, this is very premature talk.
                    Pretty much an exact definition of his dad at the same time in his career.

Comment

Simple case of Eubank Snr over hyping his son due to the attention Froch/Groves are currently getting!

That said i know a strength and coach conditioner who is good friends with a few team GB fighters and he told me that its common knowledge with those connected that Eubank Jr floored Froch in recent sparring.

Maybe part of the reason why Froch is already looking defeated but going back to Eubank Jr... he's got potential but needs to get in with better opposition to really access his caliber.

Comment

Working...
                      X