No announcement yet.

HBO and Showtime killed by CFB last Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    No, I'm not. The major storyline is for the year is ratings and competition. Period. The fact ratings on both cards were very low coming off a year where ratings had consitently grew is a major storyline.

Further, Rigo has been the focus of much discussion both for his rise up the p4p charts after beating nonito and because HBO/TR had a major debate over how to market him and his style-one of the more viewed and replied to threads this year not centered on floyd or manny.

I get you like to play the "nuetral, boxing fan" poster role. Cool. But ratings/ppv sales are a major detrmining factor in what fights will get made and what programming will be put on the air for those who "appreciate" the sport.

I made it clear that fans who think Rigo-type fights/fighters are worthless because they don't do ratings are fakes. I did not comment on ratings being part of boxing business.

Do me a favor and dont put words in my mouth. If you have another agenda just say it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      you have to acknowledge these things. they are what drive boxing, and what makes fights. if you want to understand boxing, you need to follow the money, and recognize that the direction the sport takes is based on a few powerful promotors trying to maximize their earnings in the long term.

ratings and what you call "star status" are boxing. that's what boxing is.
      What is wrong with you? When was this about not acknowledging ratings as part of the business? Its about fans who say Rigo fights/fighters are worthless because they dont do big numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by WilkinsOlajuwon View Post
        I made it clear that fans who think Rigo-type fights/fighters are worthless because they don't do ratings are fakes. I did not comment on ratings being part of boxing business.

Do me a favor and dont put words in my mouth. If you have another agenda just say it.
        clearly I wasn't the only one who interpreted your post that way.

If thats all you meant then so be it. But I agree with New ENg-ratings are a huge factor in determining future fights. Figters that don't pull big num,bers likely wont be on the air for you to appreciate/criticize.

Comment

damn people really watched the kirkland fight, then shut it off before the rigo fight lol.

550k will get bob talking his crap about rigo.... sadly

Comment

Working...
          X