No announcement yet.

Quality of Gatti's Chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
    My cousin met Diego Corrales at a bar where i live, we stay bout 30 min. from sac. My cousin a good 240 pds. He seen him at the bar and told him, MAN, I THINK I COULD KNOCK YOU OUT.

He Said Diego told him

YOU PROBABLY COULD......... UR A HEAVYWEIGHT. ahaha i thought that was funny

R.I.P. Corrales
    Lol cool anecdote

Comment

Gatti had a great chin, because if he didn't he wouldn't have taken the amount of punches or went the distance in his fights with Ward and all of the other wars he was in. Ward floored Emanuel Augustus with a single hook to the body, and that's something that's not easy to do. He hit Gatti with everything he had, and couldn't stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
        hahaha why u gotta say that i got a chico shirt on and that made me feel bad.rip chico
        haha.. my bad. Chico was a straight up guy. He was never a quitter. He's a legend in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

My cousin met Diego Corrales at a bar where i live, we stay bout 30 min. from sac. My cousin a good 240 pds. He seen him at the bar and told him, MAN, I THINK I COULD KNOCK YOU OUT.

He Said Diego told him

YOU PROBABLY COULD......... UR A HEAVYWEIGHT. ahaha i thought that was funny

R.I.P. Corrales
          Your cousin sounds like an idiot.

Comment

haha.. my bad. Chico was a straight up guy. He was never a quitter. He's a legend in my book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Word up i remember hearing about his death at work on the radio and everyone at work looking at me cause they knew i luved him as a fighter and i had to go to the restroom. I't was heartberaking i can still see ppl's faces looking at me...Rip chico. My dad loved boxing once again from hagler to hears when he seen castillo vs chico

Comment

Gatti's chin was good but not great, his heart was great, he just kept coming back whenever he was hurt, and he was hurt plenty of times.

Comment

shots to the liver aside, Ward wasnt a huge puncher. If you think he was you are a revisionist. Gatti didnt have a special chin, just ask Tracy Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by faustogeraci View Post
                  your cousin sounds like an idiot.
                  its called being drunk and saying what comes to mind. They was drinking with chico, and my cousin would beat the **** outta u, so get out of here with your dumb ass non sense talk.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLA RIGHT View Post
                    Word up i remember hearing about his death at work on the radio and everyone at work looking at me cause they knew i luved him as a fighter and i had to go to the restroom. I't was heartberaking i can still see ppl's faces looking at me...Rip chico. My dad loved boxing once again from hagler to hears when he seen castillo vs chico
                    I remember watching ESPN, and the news came in. I was in shock because he was a great fighter, and i knew he could have gotten so much more done.

Comment

One thing about Gatti is that although he was often hurt in fights, he NEVER that I can remember lost his legs. He may have been stunned, hurt, and even out on his feet in the first ward fight but his legs were always stable, as opposed to some guys who get hurt and look like they're about to fall out of the ring. Gatti looked like he was about to die but not go down, if that makes any sense.

Comment

Working...
                      X