Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios: The Loss To Alvarado Was Blessing in Disguise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baldo went nearly a decade without losing either. Doesn't change the fact he was fighting someone on a different level when fighting Mayweather.

Same goes for Rios when fighting Pac or should we say Alvarado.

This fight is no different than Khan landing a Mayweather fight. Both are **** and meaningless at WW. Both Pac and Mayweather are expected to come out looking better by dominating the fight. For Mayweather, this is typical and of the norm no matter who he fights.

However these are nothing but look good fights. At least Rios is getting some publicity right before getting the crap beat out of him for a pay check.

Elite Pac or washed up Pac. The end result would still be the same because Pac is on entirely different level than Rios. Same goes for Khan. No matter how hard Rios trains he won't last vs the Pac man.

Comment

Had the Chump Won, He would have had the Opportunity,
      to get his A$$ Kicked by Provo, for a lot less BREAD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        Of course it was Bam Bam... you got a multi-million payday against the best fighter in the sport while Alvarado got stuck with a maniac beast for much less lol.

I like Bam Bam though and I'm glad he got the fight. Style wise, there are few out there who can get a war going with Pac and Brandon is one of them. I've been telling people, this is a must type of fight for us fans who love wars. Bam Bam might take punishment but his valiant display will make for a sick fight.
        There you go,good post

Comment

Rios will make it exciting sure but in all reality, he will take more punishment than Alvarado did. Rios loves taking punishment and will keep coming at Pac even though he will be taking a complete drumming the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
            really wanting to know if it's just trolls or if anyone seriously thinks Rios will beat pacquiao. if so, please PM me maybe we can bet some money. I want to see if anyone is stupid enough to put anything really down on rios
            Where at in cali are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
              I love how every fighter who suffers a loss nowadays says this. It would be quite refreshing to hear, "That loss really hurt. That loss sucked. I trained hard for that fight and to lose was devastating." "Blessing" my as$
              Well it is. He fit the criteria of either coming off a loss or looking vulnerable in his last fight, which is the resume Pac/Roach look for. He was both, he lost and looked vulnerable. In fact Rios has looked vulnerable in his last 3 straight fights. Lost to Abril, beat Alvarado in a bit of a struggling TKO, and then lost to Alvarado.

His vulnerability and losses got him a big payday against Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

What happened with the "loss" to Abril, didn't teach you anything?

Comment

Does Rios realize how badly Pacquiao is going to beat his face in?

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                    Does Rios realize how badly Pacquiao is going to beat his face in?

I'm anticipating nothing less than a brutal beat down so for Rio's sake i hope Garcia stops it before it gets too ugly. He let Margarito go on too long and i don't think that Manny is going to be as sympathetic as he was with Antonio in the later rounds if it even makes it there which is doubtful. KO in 5-7
                    Last edited by LAPete; 11-12-2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley View Post
                      really wanting to know if it's just trolls or if anyone seriously thinks Rios will beat pacquiao. if so, please PM me maybe we can bet some money. I want to see if anyone is stupid enough to put anything really down on rios
                      wheres ellie seckbach at???

and damn i feel bad for alvarado...smh f^cked up on all levels

Comment

Working...
                      X