Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and Anelka is another player.. that boy ended up playing for goddamn Bolton

Comment

• What do you believe to be Arsenal's biggest need Dirk? And who would you choose to fill the void?

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
        So two then?

Van Persie did not leave over money... you really think he would have gone to United over City if it was all about money to him..

He played at one great club under a great manager and wanted to keep up that tradition.. he also had the foresight to see City are just a modern day blackburn Rovers. and will be back doing **** all in a few years..

Cole is not near the calibre of players like Henry, Overmars, Petit (both you probably wont remeber), Viera...

Bare in mind Wenger had NO choice but to let Cashley go.. the others he willing let go
        The only reason he left was because he could make more money on a team that competes for trophies.

If Arsenal wasn't on a trophy drought, he would have stayed at Arsenal. If Arsenal would have paid his demanded wages, he would have stayed, knowing he wouldn't win anything.

Nasri and Robin would have stayed if the club would have bent on their stance like they did with Walcott. Hell, the combination of Robin, Nasri, Cazorla, and Wilshere. Arsenal would've been a force this past season.

Comment

• Arsenal's best players are leaving now for the same reason City's players left five or six years ago: Their ambitions outstrip those of the club. No top pro wants to compete year in year out for fourth place. Van Persie went to United and it could have been City because he wanted to win something, not just qualify for something.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            The only reason he left was because he could make more money on a team that competes for trophies.

If Arsenal wasn't on a trophy drought, he would have stayed at Arsenal. If Arsenal would have paid his demanded wages, he would have stayed, knowing he wouldn't win anything.

Nasri and Robin would have stayed if the club would have bent on their stance like they did with Walcott. Hell, the combination of Robin, Nasri, Cazorla, and Wilshere. Arsenal would've been a force this past season.
            He would have stayed at Arsenal if they were gonna challenge for the league/cl over the next few years.. he had great respect for Arsene.. the guy is not Wayne Rooney.. the money is not SO important to him

You have to be a blind fool not to realize Wenger is building his next great team right now.. but already at the age of 29 RVP had to go now.. he couldn't wait 2-3 more years for it all to come together

Comment

What do you believe to be Arsenal's biggest need Dirk? And who would you choose to fill the void?
              Do Arsenal really need anyone??

Did you not see there points total they had towards the end of the season..

out of 33 points was 26-27 i think..

Better start to the season/consistency is what they need

Another striker wouldn't go a miss.. i heard Jovetic and Rooney ()

Comment

• Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
                Can you name me one Arsenal player who Wenger has sold who has gone on and really done the business after they left??
                Virtually all of the top players Wenger has sold have been put into better teams than the one they were in at Arsenal. It's rare for a player to be put into a team full of superstars and then replicate the form they produced at their previous club, you're going from a team that has been built round your needs to a team where you have to share the spotlight with 6/7 others. Happens with pretty much every player, not just the ones Wenger has sold.
                Last edited by El Fenomeno; 05-27-2013, 04:30 PM.

Comment

He won't be anything now. Without Fergie, Zaha likely won't develop into a monster. Fergie knows how to build wingers.
                  Err?... ok...

Fergie lost his sanity when it came to wingers over the past couple of years. Valencia was utter **** all season, yet he was undroppable. Nani was consistently forced to play on the left when his primary position is right. Fergie even forced Kagawa onto the left wing. Playing Rooney on the wing was laughable.

I fully expect Moyes to at least give Zaha a good shot.

Comment

• I meant as far as his development. I don't know moyes track record is on brining up youth. Fergie undeniably makes beast wingers. Although a few have lost the plot but I think that is more on valencia and nani themselves, then Fergie. Kagawa plays wing fro Japan anyways so it isn't unfamiliar to him.

Zaha has talent but it needs to be cultured. He's a diamond in the rough but can easily be stunted without proper guidence.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X