No announcement yet.

Battlegroundtexas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlegroundtexas

Jeremy Bird who is Obama's former field director in his campaign is leading this operation. It's basically getting the unregistered minority voters (blacks, Latino's, women, gays) in Texas to vote and turn that state from red to blue.

The state is 38% Hispanic and only a very small percentage actually vote. So he's starting a grass roots campaign to get them in the booths for 2016 and make Texas a battle ground state.

What do you guys think? I'm all for it, I think a state should represent it's population.

http://www.battlegroundtexas.com/content/home

I fully support this operation.

Personally, I find it highly entertaining to laugh my ass off at the complaints of disenfranchised closeted bigots while they begin the process of nailing themselves to the nearest cross.

Comment

Comment

Texas loves restricting voters, I fully support it

Comment

It will never happen, well maybe one day, but not as soon as 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by ciscofromoc View Post
            It will never happen, well maybe one day, but not as soon as 2016.
            I wouldn't be so sure, there's a ton of untapped voters in Texas that will vote democrat.

38% of the population in Texas is Hispanic, that's a lot man. You mix in the black voters, women who are voting more and more democratic and the other minorities, I think it's possible.

I think there's no doubt there's a progressive, liberal movement sweeping across America. The republicans have moved so far right, that they are alienating themselves from mainstream Americans.

Comment

This past year there was a push to get more hispanics into the booth. The problem is they went about it the wrong way. These people called me daily, reminding me to go vote, also if I didn't have a ride they could take me. It was borderline harassment, if anything they made me not wanna go vote. That is just my experience, but 90% of the people I asked didn't vote.

Comment

Originally posted by ciscofromoc View Post
                This past year there was a push to get more hispanics into the booth. The problem is they went about it the wrong way. These people called me daily, reminding me to go vote, also if I didn't have a ride they could take me. It was borderline harassment, if anything they made me not wanna go vote. That is just my experience, but 90% of the people I asked didn't vote.
                It's also the disconnect that most Hispanics have with the process. I think this generation is getting more involved and that's why Hispanics will be the biggest force in American politics in a few years.

Hispanics basically won Obama his second term.

Comment

Texas needs to stay Red. California is a mess because of voters of that nature and now they're fleeing to other states and taking their bad voting habits with them...to wreck the next state.

Stay red Texas. Blue/Democrat voting Texans are the equivalent to the stereotype Tea Party average joe...just as ignorant only they vote for the idea that they're getting something for nothing. From free phones to free Obama money. Nothing progressive about them.

Comment

Originally posted by One_Capitalist View Post
                    Texas needs to stay Red. California is a mess because of voters of that nature and now they're fleeing to other states and taking their bad voting habits with them...to wreck the next state.

Stay red Texas. Blue/Democrat voting Texans are the equivalent to the stereotype Tea Party average joe...just as ignorant only they vote for the idea that they're getting something for nothing. From free phones to free Obama money. Nothing progressive about them.

Comment

Working...
                    X