No announcement yet.

Sorry Again...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Again...

,,,if this is stupid, but if boxers were so great in the past, and with such great training methods, and fight regularity, why is today's game not mimicking this system at all?

I am not here to be a jerk at all,I grew up with Ali and that era, but I wonder what others who think that the psst generation of boxers were so superior, wouldn't following in their footsteps(training regiments, activity) be a wise path to follow?

I've wondered this for quite awhile, but unless you are an unknown fighter, I guess you risk big paydays if you fight every month or so right?

I really want to know, hat do you all think is the best way for a fighter in today's game to be great, regardless of paydays, should you be as active as the old school fighting greats,or stick to the limited schedules each year instead?

What about early development then, before a fighter is known and a big name fighter, why not fight a lot...seems as though NO fighters do so anymore, even the great Mexicans who were the last throwbacks it seemed to the old days.

Sorry for the trouble, but I would LOVE some insight to the old days training and activity compared to the modern era. I PROMISE I am NOT a troll or anything, I would value the history sections opinions on this greatly!

Originally posted by MasterODisaster View Post
    ,,,if this is stupid, but if boxers were so great in the past, and with such great training methods, and fight regularity, why is today's game not mimicking this system at all?

I am not here to be a jerk at all,I grew up with Ali and that era, but I wonder what others who think that the psst generation of boxers were so superior, wouldn't following in their footsteps(training regiments, activity) be a wise path to follow?

I've wondered this for quite awhile, but unless you are an unknown fighter, I guess you risk big paydays if you fight every month or so right?

I really want to know, hat do you all think is the best way for a fighter in today's game to be great, regardless of paydays, should you be as active as the old school fighting greats,or stick to the limited schedules each year instead?

What about early development then, before a fighter is known and a big name fighter, why not fight a lot...seems as though NO fighters do so anymore, even the great Mexicans who were the last throwbacks it seemed to the old days.

Sorry for the trouble, but I would LOVE some insight to the old days training and activity compared to the modern era. I PROMISE I am NOT a troll or anything, I would value the history sections opinions on this greatly!
    I also thought : why not get paid a little for fights that will be included in your record (assuming you have belief in your ability to win) instead of paying to sparring partners for fighting against them in unrecorded sessions.
    There are a few fighters today that do this and they are called padded , protected or barnstormers.
    I think Travis Walker is such an example , but even he gained experience in amateur competition prior to fighting as a pro.

Comment

Working...
    X