No announcement yet.

As much as I disliked Alvarez at first he def ducks Nobody. Gotta respect that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    if you go back and read my post, I always gave him credit. I thought he was the real deal as a fighter and unlike others, I use to make post about who he "legitimatly tried" to fight. IDK why people act like that is nothing. He truly tried to fight Williams, Kirkland, Cotto, etc but all those fights fell through. Then they blame him because GB matches him with garbage after that.

With that being said, I dont give him any special credit or extra credit for fighting the guys that he's fighting now like others are doing. Why should he duck any of these guys? I dont get how you people talk sometimes. He's in his 1st weight class and he's super huge for the weight. Who should he fear? That doesnt make him fearless.

You guys always compare stuff like that to a guy in his 5th division and is super small for the weight. Its not the same thing at all. Mostly everyone would fight anyone in there 1st weight class, especially when they are huge at the weight. He hasnt been at one significant disadvantage yet. When he does that then I will give him special credit and I said the same about Cotto. Who did they fight that they should fear
    He's actually fought at WW for most of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
      Canelo knows to strike when the iron is hot and sees clearly the politics that have been ruining boxing. He takes all comers in his division. This is a breath of fresh air. He's more of a throwback from the days gone by where he fights the best in the division in their prime without stringing them along. The guy is one of the last shining lights in boxing.
      Agreed .But I honestly think its a 50 50 fight and am leaning towards Canelo taking this one .

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        He ducked Kirkland, Ortiz and Williams through the use of his red-headed sorcery.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTasty View Post
          Canelo is the only Real Fighter out their that will fight all commers outside of Carl Froch and Miguel Cotto.

froch

those days are long gone. he won't touch andre ward with a 10 foot post.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            alvarez turned pro to avoid lara in the amateurs.

Comment

Management did take care of his career until the Trout fight. His camp then wanted to set up fights against Williams and Kirkland that fell through.

He has been stepping it up so no complaints here. Lara is a tough foe for anybody around that weight class

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                those days are long gone. he won't touch andre ward with a 10 foot post.
                Canelo is about to touch Lara with a 10 foot pole.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
                  I don't know why I didn't like him to begin with maybe because I felt he was given this superstar status before actually proving himself but I will give the guy credit: Lara,Floyd, Trout, Angulo, and probably Cotto in the next year or so. The kid def fights everyone out there unlike certain people nowadays. Even if high risk low reward he still goes for it. Him vs Lara is going to be a good one. I see Lara out boxing him all night but I've been wrong b4. I'd love the winner of that to face Cotto at 154 or 160. If Miguel decides to not face a fellow 160lb title holder which I heard he might.
                  Why are you hating an another man good luck and connections. Like a fighter for how they are in and out of the ring. Your just showing your jealousy.

I agree with you, I hope this winner faces Miguel, but I think for boxing's sake it would be good if Canelo wins. That would really be a great fight style wise and would definitely do good numbers on PPV.

Comment

we give no ****s bring on the world we young and hungry

Comment

Working...
                    X