• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green vs Krzysztof Wlodarczyk

Announced today.

Thoughts on this fight?

I'm a little shocked to be honest.

Straight for another title. Does Krzysztof this it easy pickings?

Comment

Originally posted by Malius View Post
      Straight for another title. Does Krzysztof this it easy pickings?
      Yeah I thought Cameron would pretty much be a lock if he couldn't get a Tarver rematch done.

Comment

I'm surprised as well. I too thought we'd be dished up Cameron. I didn't think the Tarver rematch would come off (nor did I think it was a good idea) considering the beating Green took.

I know Wlodarczyk had called out Green a few times, obviously knowing he could get a good pay day out of it. Looks like his wish has come true. Credit to Green for jumping straight back in the deep end for a meaningful fight.

About Wlodarczyk, I'm not very familiar with him. Can Green win this fight?

Comment

Also, I hope Green can put together another undercard as good as his last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Philfy View Post
            Also, I hope Green can put together another undercard as good as his last one.
            Yeah that would be great.

I haven't been Green's biggest fan this last few years but he is making it difficult to dislike him at this point if he puts on more fights and cards like this.

Comment

Good on him...if he wins he should fight Cunningham otherwise have one more big payday with a resonable name and call it quits.

Comment

It sort of follows this strange pattern of fighters facing top quality at the end of their career when their best days are gone, but fighting mediocrities when they were at the top of their game. Roy Jones comes to mind, same as Calzaghe (though Joe had plenty in the tank when he bowed out). I guess the Briggs fiasco has a lot to do with this, but credit to Green for taking risks and bringing good fights to Australia again. I'll be watching with interest.

Comment

Undercard announced. Certainly some intriguing match-ups there. Could it be that Greeny saw the error of his ways following the Briggs debacle? Credit to him for this exciting night.

Comment

Yeah, another decent undercard. Can't hate on Danny, putting on good fights with quality undercards that are worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X