Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arguello's success despite his lack of hand speed...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arguello's success despite his lack of hand speed...

Been studying him because I've got a similar frame to him, and one thing I've noticed is Arguello was relatively slow. In spite of this, he had great success landing, especially with the 1-2 and, more surprisingly, the left hook. He's become one of my favorites.

Is it just timing?

Another thing, is it just me, or did Arguello not use his reach THAT well? He's no Paul Williams, but it seems to me like he gets hit alot against guys he had a huge reach advantage against.

Thoughts?

All timing and accuracy. He could beat speed by strafing opponents with shots the instant they began throwing their own and thus created an opening, and also mixed up his shots very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Akhi View Post
      Been studying him because I've got a similar frame to him, and one thing I've noticed is Arguello was relatively slow. In spite of this, he had great success landing, especially with the 1-2 and, more surprisingly, the left hook. He's become one of my favorites.

Is it just timing?

Another thing, is it just me, or did Arguello not use his reach THAT well? He's no Paul Williams, but it seems to me like he gets hit alot against guys he had a huge reach advantage against.

Thoughts?
      Arguello had great timing and put his punches together extremely well. And of course he had great punching power too.

Comment

you should learn to get leverage into your punches the way wiry guys do....

turn ur cross over and get ur shoulder into it....

i see alot of yougn pros not doing this cause they devolped ametuer tendencys to just flick it out there quickly....

andrade, williams and plenty of others should have learned to get the maximmum out of ther rangyness.

Comment

Arguello had good hand speed, it might have not been great but he made up for it with many other strengths.

Comment

yea his hand speed was good...

speed is only a fraction of the makup of a grea fighter.

Comment

Working...
            X