• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    canelo is a good technician
    solid chin
    decent handspeed
    terrific power.

if lara had troubles with the size and physical strength of freddie hernandez he's going to have serious trouble with canelo. serious trouble.

that being said, he's not going to "get killed"
    canelo isnt a go out and kill you type of fighter. he's patient. he works from the outside. he's technical. these are all characteristics of a style that lara can handle. that's not a bad style for lara to fight. he's faster of hand and foot, equally technical, and he's still a boxer at heart. he's a southpaw.

especially after seeing last night's fight, and seeing how strong and physical hernandez looked against lara, i think that canelo would be too much for him. he'll be in the fight, but he's going to have a very difficult time winning.

his style isnt much like trout's, but i think the same sort of obstacles remain. lara's going to have a hard time winning a decision against canelo with his style. canelo is too big and strong, and he's too technical

i think a nightmare style for canelo would be a tall boxer with real power. canelo doesnt move his head enough.
    What makes you think he has terrific power, or even a solid chin?

Comment

• Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
      You realize he has no choice but to fight 10 rounders because he isn't fighting title fights, right?

not to mention a boxer in lara's place has zero say in how many rounds he's fighting.

these guys act like these guys are scared to fight eachother
      scared to go ten rounds
      etc

scared?
      these guys are pro boxers. they've been boxing since they were kids. lara grew up in f#cking communist cuba. he's not afraid of anything in the conventional sense

scared to fight 10 rounds
      scared to fight canelo alvarez. christ. canelo scared to fight lara?
      canelo alvarez probably thinks he can beat ANYBODY at 154 lbs or below. that's the confidence of a fighter. they all think that way. they wouldnt get to the top of the amateurs and pros if they did not.

when you have that kind of talent AND you put in that kind of work you trust your abilities completely.

Comment

solid chin
        decent handspeed
        terrific power.

if lara had troubles with the size and physical strength of freddie hernandez he's going to have serious trouble with canelo. serious trouble.

canelo isnt a go out and kill you type of fighter. he's patient. he works from the outside. he's technical. these are all characteristics of a style that lara can handle. that's not a bad style for lara to fight. he's faster of hand and foot, equally technical, and he's still a boxer at heart. he's a southpaw.

especially after seeing last night's fight, and seeing how strong and physical hernandez looked against lara, i think that canelo would be too much for him. he'll be in the fight, but he's going to have a very difficult time winning.

his style isnt much like trout's, but i think the same sort of obstacles remain. lara's going to have a hard time winning a decision against canelo with his style. canelo is too big and strong, and he's too technical

i think a nightmare style for canelo would be a tall boxer with real power. canelo doesnt move his head enough.
        good news for you lara fans dan rafael just posted on twitter that team lara said al haymon is now his advisior so he should get some bigger fights

still think henry beats this guy

Comment

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
          (gets his skip bayless serious face on) CAUSE lara is a nobody in terms of bringin fans in let him get some more wins fight the trouts or vanes or henrys of the division before throwing him in their with canelo
          Lara, Williams and Hernandez has better resume than Canelo, who he has fought of any relevance? The only reason he is in that position is because fans like you and the backing of GBP and WBC, they took a *****ty product and put some strawberries on the outside and the Mexican fans bought it, why? Because he is a white boy from Mexico, a country that most of his fighters came from Indian heritage, hey I understand why but the panic that you guys are showing, common this is boxing you can't babied him forever

Comment

solid chin
            decent handspeed
            terrific power.

Alvarez's defense is why he would lose to Lara, IMO.

Comment

• Lara doens't look unbeatable and Canelo isn't a god.

Both sides need to not be so dramatic. Then again everyone on this site seems to be that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
                good news for you lara fans dan rafael just posted on twitter that team lara said al haymon is now his advisior so he should get some bigger fights

still think henry beats this guy
                Is not henry who needs to fight him, it is however La Caperucita Roja who needs to step up the plate.

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
                  Lara, Williams and Hernandez has better resume than Canelo, who he has fought of any relevance? The only reason he is in that position is because fans like you and the backing of GBP and WBC, they took a *****ty product and put some strawberries on the outside and the Mexican fans bought it, why? Because he is a white boy from Mexico, a country that most of his fighters came from Indian heritage, hey I understand why but the panic that you guys are showing, common this is boxing you can't babied him forever
                  canelo beat a future hall of famer in mosley whom was past prime but had some game that night

Comment

• Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    Is not henry who needs to fight him, it is however La Caperucita Roja who needs to step up the plate.
                    cause henry would expose lara

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                      What makes you think he has terrific power, or even a solid chin?
                      because i've been watching and reading books about boxing for fifteen f#cking years. and i used to fight.
                      i know what a good chin looks like. i know what power looks like.

every opponent he's ever been in the ring with fought like they respect his power

against gomez, cintron, baldomir, normally relatively durable and gatekeeper type guys, as soon as he got close enough to hit them with his best shots they started to get hurt

when he was hurt against jose cotto he was 19 years old
                      19. he takes a very good shot.
                      is he impervious to damage? not from what i've seen, but the kid doesnt move his head much and he's hardly ever even pushed back.

Comment

Working...
                      X