Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do People Spend All Day Hating On Americans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
    On a serious note, I went to Tennessee for the holidays, up in the Appalachian mountains. Stayed in a dope cabin, snow on the ground, was amazing.

We went down to the town, which is Gatlinburg and I saw this store that said deep friend Oreo's.

I don't know if in England you guys have Oreo's but they are a chocolate cookie here in the States.

They deep fry them with a batter on them, then sprinkle them with powedred sugar and cover them in chocolate sauce.

It was disgustingly delicious. If you eat more than one you risk heart attack but I can't lie, they were delicious. They also had deep fried twinkies and chocolate bars.
    Oh yeah, we have Oreo's. The thing with them is we always get them in the snack packs of fours. So you eat one and you like it. You eat the second and you're still enjoying it. You eat the third and you're feeling a bit ill. You eat the fourth and you feel like ****. Of course, some people have more self-control.

I don't know if I'm into the deep friend Oreo. I'd probably still eat it, though.

Sometimes it's just nice to eat something disgusting.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
      Funny, same here.

Why are they all over the media?

Why do they have so many fans?

I guess its a hangover from segregation times, huh?

How come segregation STUCK so long in certain areas?

And its those areas where the religious right are still popular.
      The human brain is surely the most sophisticated data-processing machine in the world, except when it's not. In fact, in some ways our brains can be flat-out crude--like when they're dealing with matters of race.

Like all other animals, our species emerged in a world where there was critical value in distinguishing between members of your own tribe--who nurture you and protect you--and members of other tribes, who see you as a competitor for food and mates. Your very survival can turn on making this distinction quickly and reliably; as a result, the primal wiring that makes such discrimination possible is not very easy to disconnect. And in a culture like ours, in which race is an issue we grapple with nearly every day, the impulse may have heightened over time.

In the 1990s, psychologist and social scientist Mahzarin Banaji of Harvard University co-created what's known as the implicit-association test (IAT), a way of exploring the instant connections the brain draws between races and traits. Previously administered only in the lab but now available online (at implicit.harvard.edu) the IAT asks people to pair pictures of white or black faces with positive words like joy, love, peace and happy or negative ones like agony, evil, hurt and failure. Speed is everything, since the survey tests automatic associations. When respondents are told to link the desirable traits to whites and the undesirable ones to blacks, their fingers fairly fly on the keys. When the task is switched, with whites being labeled failures and blacks called glorious, fingers slow considerably, a sure sign the brain is struggling.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...#ixzz1D0edA2u3
      Id say its as much a matter of biology as it is religion.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
        Id say its as much a matter of biology as it is religion.
        I didn;t blame religion as a whole but the religious right.

The preachers that are popular in those areas for no other reason other than they preach fear or hatred and people buy it and back it.

Enforcing social divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
          Oh yeah, we have Oreo's. The thing with them is we always get them in the snack packs of fours. So you eat one and you like it. You eat the second and you're still enjoying it. You eat the third and you're feeling a bit ill. You eat the fourth and you feel like ****. Of course, some people have more self-control.

I don't know if I'm into the deep friend Oreo. I'd probably still eat it, though.

Sometimes it's just nice to eat something disgusting.
          Yea unlike the stereo type of Americans I stay fit. that 10 days in Tennessee was one of my worst diet weeks of my life though. BBQ, sweets...you name it I was piggin out.

It was vacation though, you have to do that sometimes. I actually gained 10 lbs in 10 days. I came back and hit the gym super hard for 2 weeks to get back to weight, I lost my 4 pack and it went down to a 2 pack....haha

Comment

Originally posted by BattleHardened View Post
            When all of us just chill back and say whatever. I don't get it. For someone you never associate with in person on a day-day basis you sure spend a lot of time talking about, and hating on. We just do are own thing.. Like we care if some slack from overpopulated Uk hates us.

Just an observation. You may continue on your hating ways now.
            then why did you make this thread

Comment

I used to live in England. The weather made me depressed. Now I live in California, USA. Best decision I ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by J-H View Post
                I used to live in England. The weather made me depressed. Now I live in California, USA. Best decision I ever made.
                Where in England did you live? And what part of Cali do you live in?

Comment

Where in England did you live? And what part of Cali do you live in?
                  I grew up in London. Brixton to be more exact. I now live in Compton, CA. The weather is beautiful.

Comment

I grew up in London. Brixton to be more exact. I now live in Compton, CA. The weather is beautiful.
                    I heard you like chicks with ***s...is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
                      I heard you like chicks with ***s...is this true?
                      That's not nice, we don't have "don't ask don't tell anymore" you can be open with your ****sexuality.

Comment

Working...
                      X