No announcement yet.

Katsidis deserves massive respect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katsidis deserves massive respect

Not only for the way he carried on with the fight with so much honor, but for the way he fought JMM last night.

Some of those body shots JMM was landing looked massive and Katsidis took them and kept trying to win even shocking the hell out of me by landing that massive bomb to drop JMM.

The guy is everything that is right with boxing. He's got massive character, he cares about the fans and he doesn't cheat them or the sport.

Its a shame that on a night where he's fighting a living legend in one of the most anticipated fights of the year, he's making a third of what that overrated Haymon BUM Berto got to fight some nobody no-hoper on the undercard.

That is a grotesque perversion of reality and pretty much sums up why boxing is a dead sport outside of us nuts who follow it religiously.

Massive respect to Katsidis, I hope HBO continue to pick up his fights and do right by him in the future.

p.s Fuck Larry Merchant for that cheap shot at the end. You got your tears, I hope you're happy you senile old fool.
    Last edited by Bastian Loc; 11-28-2010, 01:36 PM.

Sorry for using the word "massive" so much.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
      Not only for the way he carried on with the fight with so much honor, but for the way he fought JMM last night.

Some of those body shots JMM was landing looked massive and Katsidis took them and kept trying to win even shocking the hell out of me by landing that massive bomb to drop JMM.

The guy is everything that is right with boxing. He's got massive character, he cares about the fans and he doesn't cheat them or the sport.

Its a shame that on a night where he's fighting a living legend in one of the most anticipated fights of the year, he's making a third of what that overrated Haymon BUM Berto got to fight some nobody no-hopper on the undercard.

That is a grotesque perversion of reality and pretty much sums up why boxing is a dead sport outside of us nuts who follow it religiously.

Massive respect to Katsidis, I hope HBO continue to pick up his fights and do right by him in the future.

p.s Fuck Larry Merchant for that cheap shot at the end. You got your tears, I hope you're happy you senile old fool.
      I agree with this entire post.

Katsidis is a true warrior.

Comment

Its a shame that on a night where he's fighting a living legend in one of the most anticipated fights of the year, he's making a third of what that overrated Haymon BUM Berto got to fight some nobody no-hopper on the undercard.

Fantastic post.

I will say tho Berto is a good fighter he has been given an easy ride tho and i dont think he deserves the big money or a Manny Pac fight yet. And all the good points u raised about Katsidis also ring true for Marquez

Comment

I've got nothing but respect for him. He's a talented fighter who will win a title at the weight eventually. His next fight should be against a high ranked fighter as well, no need to bother with this back down too a lower class BS. He's world class IMO and fought a very good fight against a top 3 p4p fighter (again IMO).

Comment

Agree with every word.

And while I don't think the stoppage was THAT bad, I think Katsidis over time has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

This pissed me off as well. What a ****.

Comment

props to the aussie greek macedonian warrior....

Comment

Didnt realise Berto made so much more cash than Kat.

That does indeed suck.

I thought Larry expected Kat to say something about his brother. He was just reminding him to be proud of his performance. I guess. ?

Comment

i was thoroughlt impressed by kats footwork and technique. he fought the perfect fight last night, just fought a superior fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X