Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOU DiBELLA: "People in Pacquiao's camp are well-known to be involved with steroids"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry x View Post
    yea i heard alex ariza was tied to some steroid allegation
    I did too, it was on this post I read on Boxingscene called "LOU DiBELLA: "People in Pacquiao's camp are well-known to be involved with steroids".

What does DiBella have to gain? He has a fighter who got whooped by the two guys that got whooped by Pacquiao. He wants Paulie to have credibility as a top fighter, not as a stepping stone to bigger fights like he is now. It also puts them in the spotlight by making an attention getting quote in front of a big fight that they're promoting.

There are no credible evidence that Pacquiao is on steroids, only heresay and "he said this" and "he said that". If Michael Moorer came out and said "Listen, this guy is on steroids!" then he has credibility because he worked extensively with Team Pacquiao for the Hatton fight. If someone paid Buboy Fernandez a lot of money for a tell-all book where he says "Manny took illegal drugs", then that has a lot of credibility because he's Manny's best friend. DiBella and Malignaggi have no inside information, no sources. I don't see why anyone should take them seriously.

Comment

same rumor i heard about obama being born in kenya and not hawaii. they got a birth certificate copy too.

Comment

Originally posted by GG Marquez View Post
        Very few people are focused on the size. Only the Pac Army is using the "five pound' defense.

People are asking about what the five pounds did. For example. Pac was at 130 and lost to EM, and then went fairly deep with EM in II. Pac went 12 with Larios. He went deep with Solis. his only early KO's were a consensus shot EM in III and 3k Battery.

But then he adds five pounds, and those five pounds have him magically KO'ing some of the strongest guys at 140/147.
        Don't you think Pacquiao has improved as a fighter since then too though? I mean steroids or not, Pacquiao has become more of a complete fighter since Morales/Larios/etc. Steroids don't teach you technique & strategy.

Shane punched cotto alot. Zab punched cotto alot. margarito punched cotto a lot. People are questioning how/why a guy who went 12 with Barrera just a short while ago is KO'ing someone who took Shane's (and zab's and AM's) best shots. And Knocking him down every time pac touches him.
        Maybe because Cotto ate so many shots from those guys, that may have had a factor?

Also, pacquiao's shots on Cotto were from angles, especially the 2nd knockdown. They were more about timing and speed than power. Same with Oscar, he was getting peppered with shots, not Mike Tyson'd.

Comment

link or dibella didnt say it

Comment

Originally posted by Savino View Post
            I'm sure I heard that too, was about 2007 I think i heard about that. knowin me though probaly thinking of someone else.
            who's that girl on your sig? lol

Anyways, Pacquiao's proven clean all through these years and after the Cotto fight.

Besides, Pacquiao would never do such a thing. Pinoys in sports wouldnt and didnt use steroids in more than 100 years. Its almost tabooed in our country. Pacquiao doing steroids or illegal enhancements would be a disgrace and disrespect for the Filipino culture. Since he's got so much pride, and he's running for office, I dont see him taking steroids in the past or anytime soon

Comment

Very few people are focused on the size. Only the Pac Army is using the "five pound' defense.

People are asking about what the five pounds did. For example. Pac was at 130 and lost to EM, and then went fairly deep with EM in II. Pac went 12 with Larios. He went deep with Solis. his only early KO's were a consensus shot EM in III and 3k Battery.

But then he adds five pounds, and those five pounds have him magically KO'ing some of the strongest guys at 140/147.

Shane punched cotto alot. Zab punched cotto alot. margarito punched cotto a lot. People are questioning how/why a guy who went 12 with Barrera just a short while ago is KO'ing someone who took Shane's (and zab's and AM's) best shots. And Knocking him down every time pac touches him.

Are you telling us that barrera can take Margarito's or Shane's punches?

What I don't understand is how people can be surprised that the questions are being asked.
              I thought Delahoya was old, I tought Hatton was a defenseless bum, and I thought Cotto was weightdrained and Pac used the catchweight as an advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by RockStar45 View Post
                I did too, it was on this post I read on Boxingscene called "LOU DiBELLA: "People in Pacquiao's camp are well-known to be involved with steroids".

What does DiBella have to gain? He has a fighter who got whooped by the two guys that got whooped by Pacquiao. He wants Paulie to have credibility as a top fighter, not as a stepping stone to bigger fights like he is now. It also puts them in the spotlight by making an attention getting quote in front of a big fight that they're promoting.

There are no credible evidence that Pacquiao is on steroids, only heresay and "he said this" and "he said that". If Michael Moorer came out and said "Listen, this guy is on steroids!" then he has credibility because he worked extensively with Team Pacquiao for the Hatton fight. If someone paid Buboy Fernandez a lot of money for a tell-all book where he says "Manny took illegal drugs", then that has a lot of credibility because he's Manny's best friend. DiBella and Malignaggi have no inside information, no sources. I don't see why anyone should take them seriously.
                So freaking childish!

You're like, "What does he have to gain?!". I'm thinking, you probably have some real **** to say and you hit us with, "He has a fighter who got whooped by the two guys that got whooped by Pacquiao".

Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 12-07-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

http://theboxingtruth.com/article.php?id=1274 its on the show

Comment

Are you telling us that barrera can take Margarito's or Shane's punches?

What I don't understand is how people can be surprised that the questions are being asked.

Dude if you work out and trained hard and gained pure muscles.. You will definitley hit harder than before.. Pac is a big puncher from the get-go.. adding proper nutrition n conditioning made him punch even harder now. Have you seen this guy train mann? His dedication to get better is crazy.. Then you hear allegations like these.. I would be piss as hell if I was pac.. n I doubt pac would let his followers down .

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
                      yea i heard alex ariza was tied to some steroid allegation
                      Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                      So freaking childish!

You're like, "What does he have to gain?!". I'm thinking, you probably have some real **** to say and you hit us with, "He has a fighter who got whooped by the two guys that got whooped by Pacquiao".

I admit it does sound childish, but look at some in-depth stories about Paulie Malignaggi. Paulie thinks of himself as a top-level talent, took the losses to Cotto and Hatton very personally and probably doesn't understand how a "little guy" can do what he couldn't.

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/th...end-of-a-dream

Some quotes:

“If I fail in boxing, what do I do?” Paulie had wondered aloud earlier this year.

When Malignaggi turned pro and signed with Lou DiBella in 2001, he was clear about his goals. “I’m not just going to be a champion,” he told his promoter. “I’m going to the Hall of Fame.”

It was more than talk. Paulie genuinely believes in himself. He’s a gifted boxer with a good work ethic who seems to sense everything as it unfolds in the ring. His Achilles heel is a lack of power; five knockouts in 27 career fights. He also has a fragile right hand that has been broken multiple times. Larry Merchant calls it “as brittle as uncooked spaghetti.”

All of that has led to a lack of respect for Paulie in some circles. “You see articles about prospects all the time,” he says. “Prospect of the Year; Prospect of the Month. There wasn’t one prospect article written about me. Cuts and broken bones heal. Disrespect doesn’t. It hurts to be written off.”

Malignaggi was long on confidence. “When I fought Cotto,” he proclaimed, “I was excited but it was naïve excitement. Now I’ve been there. And don’t compare Hatton with Cotto, because they’re not on the same level. Ricky is an average fighter. In England, he was pampered against club-fighter opponents. He’s been very ordinary over here. I think he’s regressed, or maybe he was never that good to begin with.”

“Hatton has flaws that I can take advantage of,” Paulie continued. “They’re always there. I’ve seen them all through his career. When you’re fast, you can hit anybody. I’m fast, and Ricky isn’t a good defensive fighter. My A-game is better than Ricky Hatton’s A-game. It’s going to be a very frustrating night for Ricky. He’ll be catching a lot.”

But In Paulie’s mind, he wasn’t the underdog. If Hatton planned to pressure him, he intended to frustrate his foe.

“Speed kills,” said Lou DiBella. “And speed particularly kills Ricky. It’s not punchers that give Ricky trouble; it’s speed. Look at his fights against Floyd Mayweather Jr and Luis Collazo.”
                      Over the next few hours, Malignaggi stretched, put on his shoes and trunks, had his hands taped, shadow-boxed, and listened to referee Kenny Bayless’s pre-fight instructions.

Lou DiBella came in and wished Paulie well. “He’s ready,” DiBella opined. “Before Cotto, Paulie had his game face on but it was the ego and arrogance of youth. Now he’s more purposeful and focused. For Cotto, Paulie was a kid. Now he’s a man.”
                      After the fight, Paulie sat for a long time on the sofa in his dressing room. The back of his robe was pulled up and forward over his head, completely covering his face. Finally, he lowered the robe. There was a distraught look on his face.

“They shouldn’t have stopped the fight,” he said.

“You were getting hit.”

“But I wasn’t taking big shots. I wasn’t hurting that bad. There was less than two rounds left. How bad could it have been? This will bother me forever.”

“You were behind on points, and you weren’t going to knock him out.”

“He wasn’t going to knock me out either. Losing is bad. Having it on my record that I got stopped is worse.”

“No one wanted to see you get hurt.”

“Against Cotto, I got hurt worse. Against Cotto, I could have understood someone stopping it, although I’m glad they didn’t. Tonight; oh, man; no way it should have been stopped.”

Comment

Working...
                      X