Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Theft Auto IV or Red Dead Redemption?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheNegation View Post
    RDD for sure. GTA4 was good but it was way too short.

RDD was a great game with shytloads of side missions and cool mini-games. Only thing I hated was you couldn't switch back to John after you finished story mode. You were stuck with his annoying ass kid.
    It's good as long as nobody spoils the story.

Tit.

Comment

Red Dead was much more unique so have to pick that.

GTA 4 was fun, especially to just **** around but the story mode got so repetitive.

Every mission you drive to a warehouse shoot a **** load of people to either get something or kill someone, then you have to shake the police and get back.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        It's good as long as nobody spoils the story.

Tit.
        The games been out for like 4 years and was game of the year. So you're the tit for not havin played it yet.

Comment

RDD for sure. GTA4 was good but it was way too short.

RDD was a great game with shytloads of side missions and cool mini-games. Only thing I hated was you couldn't switch back to John after you finished story mode. You were stuck with his annoying ass kid.
          How does John produce something like that Such a shame.

Comment

I found the lack of **** aroundability in Red Dead to be annoying.

The fist fighting was terrible, you couldn't swim, animations for falling of buildings etc sucked, jumping sucked. Putting people and animals on railways sucked because they just exploded. Horse-riding isn't as fun as driving cars.

But then again, the Red Dead Story was awesome with a great plot, great characters, awesome setting, cool guns.

I think playing as Jack left a bad taste in my mouth, I was rash in my first comment, I still like GTA a bit better but it's close.

The end is a really sad video-game moment also and was very well crafted.

Comment

The games been out for like 4 years and was game of the year. So you're the tit for not havin played it yet.
              This thread is "I haven't played either game so which one should I buy?"

I already played both without spoiling the story.

Comment

Red Dead was way better... Amazing story & gameplay... made me feel I was living in the wild west.

I was very disappointed with GTA4.. was a bit boring & graphic did look dated compared to other titles at that time

Comment

'Red Dead Redemption' is the superior game by far, and that's only with me having played about an hour or two of it, and having played through 75% or more of 'Grand Theft Auto IV.'

GTA4 ****ing sucked. The storyline and protagonist were about as compelling as a senior citizen's sex life. Plus the music was like having an ear abortion.

Comment

aside from doing the story missions in red dead, the game was boring as ****. i'd much prefer chaining together death and destruction while going 200 miles per hour over collecting plants and animal guts any day.

GTA4 = creativity and destruction, as a fun sandbox should be.
                    RDR = barely inhabited landscapes riddled with time sinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                      aside from doing the story missions in red dead, the game was boring as ****. i'd much prefer chaining together death and destruction while going 200 miles per hour over collecting plants and animal guts any day.

GTA4 = creativity and destruction, as a fun sandbox should be.
                      RDR = barely inhabited landscapes riddled with time sinks.
                      If you don't like riding the horse you could just camp and jump from place to place.

The ending was sad as hell in Red Dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X