No announcement yet.

Lineal champion does not equal Ring champion or vice versa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lineal champion does not equal Ring champion or vice versa

In some situations you're the lineal champion but are not the ring champion or vice versa.

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    That is all.
    r you trying to imply that wlad is not the ring champion

or another fighter.,.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
      r you trying to imply that wlad is not the ring champion

or another fighter.,.
      What? I am implying that sometimes you could be the Ring champ but not the lineal champ. Dariusz M was the lineal champ at the same time in the same division Roy Jones was the Ring champ.

I made this thread because people on here think both titles go together when they don't. I was not even thinking about Wlad calm down with that ****. But, since you brought it up...

Wlad is the Ring and lineal champion right now

When Vitaly was the Ring champ a few years ago, he was not the lineal champ...

Comment

Yes, we know that. Example been made. Zolt Erdei was the Lineal Champ at LHW but Joe Calzaghe was the ring Champion

Comment

What? I am implying that sometimes you could be the Ring champ but not the lineal champ. Dariusz M was the lineal champ at the same time in the same division Roy Jones was the Ring champ.

I made this thread because people on here think both titles go together when they don't. I was not even thinking about Wlad calm down with that ****. But, since you brought it up...

When Vitaly was the Ring champ though he was not the lineal champ...
          Yes he was. The lineage was broken when Lennox retired. A new one was established when Vitali, #1 at the time, beat Sanders who was #3.

Comment

When Vitaly was the Ring champ a few years ago, he was not the lineal champ...
            ok.... im just saying....... a friend tried to tell me that about wlad, similar to what you said linear does not mean automatic ring champion..............

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              Yes, we know that. Example been made. Zolt Erdei was the Lineal Champ at LHW but Joe Calzaghe was the ring Champion
              You know but not everybody else knows. I have notice a few posters in the last few days thinking both titles go hand in hand...

Comment

But how does someone become lineal champ, if the previous lineal champ retired as lineal champ?

Comment

Originally posted by Clyde Barrow View Post
                  Yes he was. The lineage was broken when Lennox retired. A new one was established when Vitali, #1 at the time, beat Sanders who was #3.
                  No he was not the lineal champ, John Ruiz had the #2 spot and Vitaly had to beat him to be lineal champ.

Not every time a #1 fights a #3 is for the title. Just in CERTAIN instances...

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking500 View Post
                    ok.... im just saying....... a friend tried to tell me that about wlad, similar to what you said linear does not mean automatic ring champion..............
                    No Wlad is the lineal and Ring champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X