Golovkin secret weight training?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin secret weight training?

Hi guys.

I think I've seen it all when it comes to Golovkin strenght training. I've seen everything on youtube.

Diamond push ups, weird neck exercises, exercises with small-medium weights (weird bars and barbels that I've only seen in Abel's gym), and also some weight machine that he pushes like 10 meters and then pull back. Basically they are all explained here: http://www.mightyfighter.com/top-10-...kin-exercises/

It sounds complete, but I was wondering if there was something else. Like some weight lifting with heavy weights, pull ups and so on.

I've read that Sanchez said that his gym is a private one and I've also read from some Golovkin's fans that went there to see Golovkin train and Sanchez told them to go away.

It wouldn't surprise me if they do some other strenght exercises that are not made public. What do you think?

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Hi guys.

I think I've seen it all when it comes to Golovkin strenght training. I've seen everything on youtube.

Diamond push ups, weird neck exercises, exercises with small-medium weights (weird bars and barbels that I've only seen in Abel's gym), and also some weight machine that he pushes like 10 meters and then pull back. Basically they are all explained here: http://www.mightyfighter.com/top-10-...kin-exercises/

It sounds complete, but I was wondering if there was something else. Like some weight lifting with heavy weights, pull ups and so on.

I've read that Sanchez said that his gym is a private one and I've also read from some Golovkin's fans that went there to see Golovkin train and Sanchez told them to go away.

It wouldn't surprise me if they do some other strenght exercises that are not made public. What do you think?
    Yeah from what I have saw they use unusual methods
    Works so far tho

Comment

There is no secret.
      Former Soviet Union Countries and their boxers have always implemented weight training into their training regimes.

Comment

Originally posted by palacboxing View Post
        There is no secret.
        Former Soviet Union Countries and their boxers have always implemented weight training into their training regimes.
        Sure... (and this is what Abel learned from GGG.)

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          Abel has been training fighters for decades. The weird bars and barbells and cutoff dumbbells are his ideas, I believe. If there is any evidence that those come from the Soviet Union please post it.

As for training with heavy weights I have yet to see proof that Golovkin uses them.
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 09-16-2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            Hi guys.

Fisrt Maxi let me say I cringed when I seen a GGG thread on the training board, this is a scape for us boxing fans, trainers, and athletes that enjoy boxing outside of what you see on television.

Anyways, there is no doubt in anyones mind GGG trains like a beast (or at least there shouldnt be) BUT I seriously doubt he has some SECRET strength and conditioning no one hasnt done or tried before. When it comes to boxing there are fundamental exercises that have to be done and then there are user specific exercises that coaches have that work for some but not everyone. What I have seen ggg do that are more user specific they are not something that has not been done specifically just somewhat altered. Will it work 100% for everyone? Probably not BUT Abels been training for a long time so I am sure there is some success with it but again a different variation may be more specific for each user.

Another thing I will add is what I do like about GGG is his training in Big Bear. If anyone has ever gone from training at or about sea level to going to a high elevation they will tell you its night and day. One key training concept I use is to NEVER LET THE FUNDAMENTALS GET EASY and training in a high elevation like Big Bear backs my concept.

Comment

This is coming from a boxer who's trained with and has been trained by boxers/coaches from former soviet countries.
              They use weights in their training sessions, rarely have I seen or been told to use maximal weights 75% of 1 rep max unless it was for bragging rights. Whether or not they do the crazy weights/barbells/dumbbells that the OP posted, I've never heard of it or seen it.
              The only secret is hard work, consistency, and dedication, add a great coach and and a talented boxer and you've got a recipe for a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Just to clarify I didn't mean to implement or say that anyone learned anything from anyone. I was just stating fact that boxers from former soviet countries implemented weight training into their regimes.

Comment

Originally posted by palacboxing View Post
                  Just to clarify I didn't mean to implement or say that anyone learned anything from anyone. I was just stating fact that boxers from former soviet countries implemented weight training into their regimes.
                  ... and free-style wrestling... and boxing with the tennis ball, a.s.o.

Comment

No. GGG does plenty of "conditioning" work, but he does no (or very, very little) true "strength training" in the sense of barbell or machine exercises for major muscle groups with 75%+ of 1RM.

As a result, GGG is very small for the division; essentially a 154lb boxer fighting as a MW.

This is unfortunate; it's frightening to think how good he could be if he got a bit stronger and larger.
                    Last edited by GelfSara; 07-10-2018, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X