Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk boxing, guys. Look at this video.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk boxing, guys. Look at this video.

So my question is how difficult is it to muscle around a big solid thick guy like Canelo Alvarez? Watch the video. Shane Mosley muscles Canelo around and throws his big ass in the corner.

I was in a street fight two weeks ago. I hurt the guy with a Marcos Maidana-esque overhand right, causing him to stumble towards me. As he tried to grab me, I lit his ass up with an uppercut, left hook, right hand. He grappled me and started wrestling me. I was surprised how much energy it takes to clinch with someone. I was tired after three minutes of wrestling. I tried to just punch only, but the guy wanted to wrestle like a little bitch. He got me in a rear naked choke and started cranking the shit out of my neck. He never put me to sleep though. I was fighting my ass off. He was leaking like a faucet from the overhand right. He bled all over my shirt and head. There was his blood everywhere -- on the floor, on the wall. He stepped away to try to stop the bleeding.

So back to my original question: How hard is it to manhandle a huge dude like Canelo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3p9Dp7A2Gk
    Last edited by punchr; 09-02-2015, 02:06 AM.

There's a few factors. Mosley, possibly, knows certain grappling techniques which helps him maneuver guys, canelo in this instance, to where he wants. In this situation I think canelo was out of position and didn't expect it. It's a lot easier to push someone around when they aren't expecting it, or are off balance.

Comment

Mosley is physically a very strong person, I cant recall anyone that was able to out muscle him.

Wrestle is all about leverage.

You need to learn how to use a person momentum against him, I remeber I was like 15 man handling dudes in their 20's cause all I would do is use their monetum against them, they push ill just pull them and sidestep em and meanvuer them where I want and get some leverage on them where they cant turn or move unless something snaps.
      Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 09-02-2015, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheirBacks! View Post
        Mosley is physically a very strong person, I cant recall anyone that was able to out muscle him.

You need to learn how to use a person momentum against him, I remeber I was like 15 man handling dudes in their 20's cause all I would do is use their monetum against them, they push ill just pull them and sidestep em and meanvuer them where I want and get some leverage on them where they cant turn or move unless something snaps.

not sure if you did that on purpose but given your avy and sig 10/10 anyway

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheirBacks! View Post

yep. leverage, and lowering your centre of gravity helps.
          learn some basic sprawling techniques/takedown defense or utilize ur footwork better, and avoid throwing overhand rights.
          123s from a distance should be enough for a street fight?
          id probably slap instead of punch though.
          goodluck.

and ur probably better off asking on an mma forum.

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post

^LMAO.
          gold!

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post

Loooooool. That was freaking hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              So my question is how difficult is it to muscle around a big solid thick guy like Canelo Alvarez? Watch the video. Shane Mosley muscles Canelo around and throws his big ass in the corner.

I was in a street fight two weeks ago. I hurt the guy with a Marcos Maidana-esque overhand right, causing him to stumble towards me. As he tried to grab me, I lit his ass up with an uppercut, left hook, right hand. He grappled me and started wrestling me. I was surprised how much energy it takes to clinch with someone. I was tired after three minutes of wrestling. I tried to just punch only, but the guy wanted to wrestle like a little bitch. He got me in a rear naked choke and started cranking the shit out of my neck. He never put me to sleep though. I was fighting my ass off. He was leaking like a faucet from the overhand right. He bled all over my shirt and head. There was his blood everywhere -- on the floor, on the wall. He stepped away to try to stop the bleeding.

So back to my original question: How hard is it to manhandle a huge dude like Canelo?

Muscling guys around the ring isn't so much about strength as having good balanace, and being able to check the other guys balance, once you have control of his balance its easy work. The hard thing is outmuscling guys in the clenches when they put their weight on you and wont let go.

Canelo doesn't have the best footwork or quickest feet, so he isn't winning a muscling around the ring contest.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Muscling guys around the ring isn't so much about strength as having good balanace, and being able to check the other guys balance, once you have control of his balance its easy work. The hard thing is outmuscling guys in the clenches when they put their weight on you and wont let go.

Canelo doesn't have the best footwork or quickest feet, so he isn't winning a muscling around the ring contest.
                Man that is so true. This happened to me and it saps your energy to throw punches.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post

Oh great champion of the cobbles!!

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
                    yep. leverage, and lowering your centre of gravity helps.
                    learn some basic sprawling techniques/takedown defense or utilize ur footwork better, and avoid throwing overhand rights.
                    123s from a distance should be enough for a street fight?

id probably slap instead of punch though.
                    goodluck.

and ur probably better off asking on an mma forum.

^LMAO.
                    gold!
                    Look at how effective the overhand right is though when Maidana uses it.

Comment

Working...
                    X