No announcement yet.

Pastor Cancels Koran Burning After Defense Secretary Calls

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ST. NICK View Post
    We seem to have painted ourselves into a philosophical corner here. On the one hand, to go through with this absurdity would be to some degree a victory for the terrorists (in as much as it confirms their view that the US is at war with Islam), on the other hand, to back away from it is to acquiesce. If you build the mosque, the terrorists win. If you agree to move the move the mosque, the terrorists win. It's a conundrum.
    The only good news in this is the possibility that people will see how insane it is to judge an entire religion or nation on the acts of a very, very small few. Are people really going to define all of America based on the actions of this yahoo and his 50 zombie followers burning some books? Is this hayseed the face of Christianity now? How can that be? It makes about as much sense as assuming all Muslims are terrorists. No sense at all.
    burning a book isnt the same as taking part in the mass slaughter of thousands of people.

Who cares if this small act of shunning twords sinners says anything about christianity?

I mean maybe if they went out and killed a couple hundred people or even killed them selfs that would be appalling in the eyes of the lord. but burning a few pieces of paper just to make a stand against sinners, an act of passive resistance, holding respect for the lives of other people, standing up for what they believe in, and promoting non violence

damn id hate for all that to be the face of christianity

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
      what happens when you punch some one twice your size who up until you punched them they wasnt looking for a fight?

you get the crap beaten out of you.

what do these protesters expect when they start throwing rocks?
      Thts what I said. they attacked a NATO base.

You do that you get killed. Simple.

No sarcasm on that. On my word.

Comment

burning a book isnt the same as taking part in the mass slaughter of thousands of people.

Who cares if this small act of shunning twords sinners says anything about christianity?

I mean maybe if they went out and killed a couple hundred people or even killed them selfs that would be appalling in the eyes of the lord. but burning a few pieces of paper just to make a stand against sinners, an act of passive resistance, holding respect for the lives of other people, standing up for what they believe in, and promoting non violence

We all know this Pastor and his friends are some dumb hillbilly idiots with the kind of perverted idea of righteousness that would shame Kevin Spacey's character in seven.

This was no passive resistance this was supposed to cause an inconclusive ****storm and it has. I just feel sorry for the children of this church.

Just as sorry as I feel for the nutcases running suicide bomb missions and attacking NATO bases.

They are all lost sheep following crazy shepherds with no moral compass that they can call their own.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
          We all know this Pastor and his friends are some dumb hillbilly idiots with the kind of perverted idea of righteousness that would shame Kevin Spacey's character in seven.
          and thats just what a society that plans to strip you of all your freedoms with out even telling you, wants you to think.

but to any free thinking true christian (not those bulls**t catholics and protestants) can easily see

a stand against sinners, an act of passive resistance, holding respect for the lives of other people, standing up for what they believe in, and promoting non violence.

and an effort to make a change beyond the government with only the support of the people...with out killing people and acting violent.

you can see it how ever you want but it will always be what it truly is.
          Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-10-2010, 07:12 AM.

Comment

and thats just what a society that plans to strip you of all your freedoms with out even telling you, wants you to think.

but to any free thinking true christian they can easily see

a stand against sinners, an act of passive resistance, holding respect for the lives of other people, standing up for what they believe in, and promoting non violence.

and an effort to make a change beyond the government with only the support of the people...with out killing people and acting violent.

you can see it how ever you want but it will always be what it truly is.
            Yeah, I get it.

But its an unashamed insult on an entire group of people. Just makes me think of Torah scrolls being burnt by Nazis convinced all Jews were the enemy.

All it does is polarise society when you need something to bind people together. Make America stronger not fragment the very thing that gives it life. The people.
            Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 09-10-2010, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
              Yeah, I get it.

But its an unashamed insult on an entire group of people. Just makes me think of Torah scrolls being burnt by Nazis convinced all Jews were the enemy.

All it does is polarise society when you need something to bind people together. Make America stronger not fragment the very thing that gives it life. The people.
              Unashamed insult on an entire group of people? what like flying a plane into a building?

the nazis did alot more then burn scrolls.

and a society bound together under complete control is the worst thing that could happen to America.

America is a melting pot though more of a tossed salad actually a mixture of every body while each person is still separate the carrots the lettuce the tomatoes each still exactly what they are....still full of diversity bu8t still all part of the salad.

it is that diversity that made and makes us strong.

it is diversity that drove evolution and it is diversity that continues to drive the evolution of our society.

Comment

From a western perspective burning a book is the right of every man and murder is a horrible crime. From a Islamic perspective murder is also a bad crime but destroying god's holy word is worse. They would be less insulted if the pastor burned a person alive. Point is, you can't judge from a western worldview if you wan't to understand their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
                  From a western perspective burning a book is the right of every man and murder is a horrible crime. From a Islamic perspective murder is also a bad crime but destroying god's holy word is worse. They would be less insulted if the pastor burned a person alive. Point is, you can't judge from a western worldview if you wan't to understand their actions.
                  f**k the western and eastern world.

logic says burning a human person is worse then burning a piece of paper.

sooo your saying i shouldn't think logically if i want to understand the situation? cause thats f**king ******ed.

Comment

It depends on your premises. The muslims consider the Quran to be the word of God and consider crimes against God to be worse then crimes against man.

sooo your saying i shouldn't think logically if i want to understand the situation? cause thats f**king ******ed.
                    Where did i say that? I said that if you wan't to understand a different culture you need to adopt their perspective.

Comment

It depends on your premises. The muslims consider the Quran to be the word of God and consider crimes against God to be worse then crimes against man.
                      well yes... people have morals and religion is a moral code...and if your morals allow you to place an imaginary being in the sky over the life of a human being and the pain of every one they knew goes through you deserve every thing your pitiful shallow life puts you through, but only you, such ideas should not be allowed to destroy the life's of other people.

This is why we have laws, and laws are meant to control society not a moral code.

Where did i say that? I said that if you wan't to understand a different culture you need to adopt their perspective.
                      you said

They would be less insulted if the pastor burned a person alive. Point is, you can't judge from a western worldview if you wan't to understand their actions.
                      but

Therefore

you're saying i shouldn't think logically if i want to understand the situation.
                      sorry not situation but actions.
                      Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-10-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X