Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire is above Paul Williams in The Ring's P4P rankings? WTF!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

martinez and cintron were robbed. they're simply doing what the judges failed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
      martinez and cintron were robbed. they're simply doing what the judges failed to do.
      Come on, He clearly beat Martinez. Cintron won maybe the first round

But after that Paul was getting into his rhythm and all of a sudden Cintron jumped out of the ring. Cintron was not robbed, He won the first round but after that Paul clearly won the other 3.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        Come on, He clearly beat Martinez. Cintron won maybe the first round

But after that Paul was getting into his rhythm and all of a sudden Cintron jumped out of the ring. Cintron was not robbed, He won the first round but after that Paul clearly won the other 3.
        Williams did not clearly beat Martinez. It was a close fight, and if anything Martinez won it in a close match.

Cintron also won more than just the first round. You could make a better argument of Cintron winning all 4 rounds rather than him winning just the first round and losing the other 3.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post
          Williams did not clearly beat Martinez. It was a close fight, and if anything Martinez won it in a close match.

Cintron also won more than just the first round. You could make a better argument of Cintron winning all 4 rounds rather than him winning just the first round and losing the other 3.
          Williams-Martinez was a close fight with some close rounds. It could have gone the other way but I (like alot of other people) feel that Paul edged it by winning the last 2 rounds. Martinez may have landed the cleaner shots but he also got outworked in alot of rounds, He didnt complain with the decision so I dont think you should either. It was a close fight but Williams edged it with his activity in the later rounds...

The first round was hard to score. But there is absolutley no way that Cintron won all 4 rounds. That's just stupid, You could give Paul the first round on his activity or Cintron possibly even 1 and 2 if you were being generous. But there was no way he won all 4.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
            Williams-Martinez was a close fight with some close rounds. It could have gone the other way but I (like alot of other people) feel that Paul edged it by winning the last 2 rounds. Martinez may have landed the cleaner shots but he also got outworked in alot of rounds, He didnt complain with the decision so I dont think you should either. It was a close fight but Williams edged it with his activity in the later rounds...

The first round was hard to score. But there is absolutley no way that Cintron won all 4 rounds. That's just stupid, You could give Paul the first round on his activity or Cintron possibly even 1 and 2 if you were being generous. But there was no way he won all 4.
            Yeah, he "edged it" he didn't clearly win anything like you previously noted. And just because Martinez doesn't complain about it doesn't mean other peoples opinion about the fight gets thrown out the window. He may not have complained about it, but it doesn't mean I can't when I thought he won.

Like I said, you could make a better case for Cintron winning all 4 rounds rather him winning just 1 and losing the other 3. I didn't say Cintron won all 4 rounds, it appears you didn't understand my point at first. But if it makes you feel better I had it 3 rounds to 1 for Cintron before the diving incident.

Comment

when he beat darchinyan they ranked him around 7th even when darchinyan unified the division he wasn't even up there

the rankings are a joke

Comment

Originally posted by minasyan View Post
                when he beat darchinyan they ranked him around 7th even when darchinyan unified the division he wasn't even up there

the rankings are a joke
                I agree. The Ring p4p rankings are stupid now

Chad Dawson is at #7.....

Comment

Martinez didn't complain about it cause he is a nice guy and had all ready been through that kinda crap with vs Cintron, so knew what to expect.

Donaire doesn't deserve to be up there but imo i don't see what Williams has done either to be as high as 3 on some lists. He should have lost to Cintron if the judges knew anything, Martinez was extremely close too.

Comment

Originally posted by WAR ENGLAND View Post
                    Martinez didn't complain about it cause he is a nice guy and had all ready been through that kinda crap with vs Cintron, so knew what to expect.

Donaire doesn't deserve to be up there but imo i don't see what Williams has done either to be as high as 3 on some lists. He should have lost to Cintron if the judges knew anything, Martinez was extremely close too.
                    Look, The Martinez fight was very close. Alot of close rounds and it could have gone the other way. I just felt that Paul seized the fight with his activity, Martinez whole game is getting you to fight at his pace. He did it with Pavlik and Cintron but Paul was totally different. He made him fight and I think that's what the judges saw. The aggression just edged the fight for him, 119-110 was utterly ridiculous though...

Williams shouldnt be #3 but to have Donaire above him is crazy...

I like Nonito but other than Darchinyan and Martinez. He beat nobody...

Until he beats Arce, Montiel or Vic in a rematch. You can't have him top 5

Comment

Working...
                    X