No announcement yet.

Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward

This guy seems to be caught in no mans land. He has already taken care of the top competiton at his weight class. He has already easily dispatched of both Froch and Kessler. It seems like his best potential fights would be against middle weights. Martinez, GGG, and Chavez would be good fights for Andre, but are they feasbile? If Andre stays at 168 I just don''t know where he will find good competition. I would love to see a Martinez fight but that just doesn't seem like it's a possiblity. I doubt that Arum would throw Chavez in the ring with Ward. It's too bad but Andre will have to find some top level competition somewhere. Should he move up to light heavyweight? What would you do if you were him?

He is in a tough position because he's clearly the most talented boxer at 168 but his name and drawing power is not up to much. Guys like Bute, froch and kessler can make more money in bigger fights amongst each other so they don't need or want anything to do with him.

The middleweights too can make money without him.

His only option is to go up, Hopkins should beat cloud and ward should try fight Hopkins, who has a little name value.

Only problem is Warren is going to try put on cleverly vs Hopkins in Wales in a stadium

Ward is in a tough position

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
      He is in a tough position because he's clearly the most talented boxer at 168 but his name and drawing power is not up to much. Guys like Bute, froch and kessler can make more money in bigger fights amongst each other so they don't need or want anything to do with him.

The middleweights too can make money without him.

His only option is to go up, Hopkins should beat cloud and ward should try fight Hopkins, who has a little name value.

Only problem is Warren is going to try put on cleverly vs Hopkins in Wales in a stadium

Ward is in a tough position
      It's a shame it's almost like he's too good for his own good. If Hopkins beats Cloud I wouldn't mind seeing Ward vs Hopkins at LHW. I don't know if/when Dirrell will get back in the ring but he was the fighter who I thougt would trouble Ward the most in the Super Six. It's too bad that that fight never happened. I don't think Dirrell had the mental toughness to beat Ward but I think his movement and overall athleticism would have given Ward a little bit of trouble. I suspect that we'll never know. I wish Ward would have just fought Dawson at 168. I think Ward is capable of moving up to LHW right now.

Comment

HBO is going to try their best to build a "rival" for him. Slim pickings though. Ward wants to wait it out and see if anything big pops off at 168 but I expect him to move up to light heavy sooner rather than later and look better than ever at 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
          It's a shame it's almost like he's too good for his own good. If Hopkins beats Cloud I wouldn't mind seeing Ward vs Hopkins at LHW. I don't know if/when Dirrell will get back in the ring but he was the fighter who I thougt would trouble Ward the most in the Super Six. It's too bad that that fight never happened. I don't think Dirrell had the mental toughness to beat Ward but I think his movement and overall athleticism would have given Ward a little bit of trouble. I suspect that we'll never know. I wish Ward would have just fought Dawson at 168. I think Ward is capable of moving up to LHW right now.
          I've said it before Dirrell has more natural talent than Ward, I mean he's SO fast, great footwork, movement, combinations, in the skill department he's a nightmare for anyone but sadly he's another Zab Judah and lacks mental fortitude.

Froch beath him with mind games, he got in his head and for the first 9 rounds of that fight had Dirrell thinking he was the second coming of Julian Jackson.

By the time Dirrell figured out what Froch was and wasn't it was too late.

A guy that can be hoodwinked that easily will never beat Ward.

Comment

I've said it before Dirrell has more natural talent than Ward, I mean he's SO fast, great footwork, movement, combinations, in the skill department he's a nightmare for anyone but sadly he's another Zab Judah and lacks mental fortitude.

Froch beath him with mind games, he got in his head and for the first 9 rounds of that fight had Dirrell thinking he was the second coming of Julian Jackson.

By the time Dirrell figured out what Froch was and wasn't it was too late.

A guy that can be hoodwinked that easily will never beat Ward.
            Dirrell is too much of a boy for Ward. Like Chad Dawson.

Comment

He needs to do something crazy like move up to heavyweight the way Roy Jones did. Other than that there is nothing for him out there that can excite people. We just have to hope somebody emerges at 168 or 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
                He needs to do something crazy like move up to heavyweight the way Roy Jones did. Other than that there is nothing for him out there that can excite people. We just have to hope somebody emerges at 168 or 175.
                If he fights either Klitschko he'll die in the ring.

Even Povetkin will KO him

Comment

If he fights either Klitschko he'll die in the ring.

Even Povetkin will KO him
                  I wouldn't think he'd fight a Klitschko. Jones didn't fight the best heavyweight either when he moved up. Ward would beat Povetkin though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
                    I wouldn't think he'd fight a Klitschko. Jones didn't fight the best heavyweight either when he moved up. Ward would beat Povetkin though.
                    no he wouldn't

Povetkin is reasonably better than Ruiz and Ward is no Prime Jones

Comment

Working...
                    X