**2013 NBA Playoffs Thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    2003? vs the mighty new jersey nets?

2003 spurs team that had 4 hall of famers in duncan, david robinson, tony parker, and manu ginobili?

lmfaaoo at dragging a team with 3 other hall of famers.

Duncan is great and most likely will have a better resume but he is not better than hakeem or kobe as a individual/singular talent.

None of his championship teams ever repeated either and he played in an absolutely weak era of big men and during the beginning stages of the stern pussification era of no hand check offensively inclined nba.

He wouldnt have 4 championships if he wasnt drafted by the spurs and if he played in the glory years of big men in the 80s and early 90s against hakeem, shaq, ewing, robinson, barkley, malone, mcchale, mutombo etc...
    and how many hall of famers has kobe been with?The truth is if duncan
    was on lakers,celtics,knicks he would praised much higher.For sum
    reason duncan gets no respect cause hes on a small mareket team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      Where do u rank Duncan and McHale?
      Wow ..specifically or in general ?..I'll put duncan top 10 barely cracking the last spot ..Mchale I would put hmmmm...top 35-40 ish..

Comment

• Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
        Wow ..specifically or in general ?..I'll put duncan top 10 barely cracking the last spot ..Mchale I would put hmmmm...top 35-40 ish..
        I have no problem with that. I would probably put McHale higher but we can agree to disagree. Both guys are two of the best PF's ever along with Malone and Barkley. Top PF's imo:

1.Duncan
        2.Malone
        3.McHale
        4.Barkley

Comment

I have no problem with that. I would probably put McHale higher but we can agree to disagree. Both guys are two of the best PF's ever along with Malone and Barkley. Top PF's imo:

1.Duncan
          2.Malone
          3.McHale
          4.Barkley
          Agree to disagree , but I would have to put round mound over Mchale as far as Pf go..but I feel u still know ur hoops

Comment

1.Duncan
            2.Malone
            3.McHale
            4.Barkley
            barkley over dirk? or KG?

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
              2003? vs the mighty new jersey nets?

2003 spurs team that had 4 hall of famers in duncan, david robinson, tony parker, and manu ginobili?

lmfaaoo at dragging a team with 3 other hall of famers.

Duncan is great and most likely will have a better resume but he is not better than hakeem or kobe as a individual/singular talent.

None of his championship teams ever repeated either and he played in an absolutely weak era of big men and during the beginning stages of the stern pussification era of no hand check offensively inclined nba.

He wouldnt have 4 championships if he wasnt drafted by the spurs and if he played in the glory years of big men in the 80s and early 90s against hakeem, shaq, ewing, robinson, barkley, malone, mcchale, mutombo etc...
              David Robinson was hurt and on his way out, and neither Parker nor Ginobili were that good yet. Parker was almost gotten rid of for Kidd around this time, can't remember if it was before or after that championship. You're just talking bull**** if you're pretending any of those guys were playing like Hall of Famers that year. Seriously, I'm not even going to bother if you're going to say that.

Duncan couldn't handle a great big man? Yeah, he only had to go through Shaq, and often had great, great series against the man, when Shaq was at his absolute peak. But you're telling me he can't handle an era of big men, despite playing on equal terms with the most dominant big man ever during his most dominant years.

Comment

• Kobe only won championships on the most loaded teams in the league. Yet you're not going to hold that against him, when he wasn't even the best player on the first three teams he won a championship with.

Comment

Explain how Duncan has demonstrated better longevity than Kobe. Kobe has been in the league for seventeen years since he was 17 years old. Kobe is STILL a top 10 player in the league, can you say the same for Duncan?
                  You know what, I'll give you that. I think Duncan is just better than Kobe though.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    You know what, I'll give you that. I think Duncan is just better than Kobe though.
                    but timmeh was a significant contributor right away... he was already the anchor when the spurs annexed their title last 99 as a sop****re right?

kobe took more time to blossom...

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                      but timmeh was a significant contributor right away... he was already the anchor when the spurs annexed their title last 99 as a sop****re right?

kobe took more time to blossom...
                      They're probably about equal in years at the top. Duncan was the man in San Antonio immediately, and is not the best anymore, while Kobe wasn't great right away but is still one of the best now.

Comment

Working...
                      X