Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of people who commit suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    I disagree with noble.

I think that it is usually an irrational act.

It does take bravery. Unless you are under the influence of drugs or something, in which case your senses might be dulled.

It may be a very brave act, if you are say sacrificing yourself for someone else. But it is mostly just a selfish act, which is a reflection of a loss of hope in oneself and a false belief that you have no friends or loved ones left in the world.
    In another thread, Bringer said he sees himself dying because of suicide. I wonder if he kills himself while he is on top of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      I find it hard to pitty them. They are selfish to take the weak way out when their family(parents/kids) has to live with their selfish act for the rest of their lifes.

So if anyone is ever confronted with the temptation, think of others for a change and don't do it,
      for them.
      This bespeaks the irrational nature of the act, in many cases. But, it doesn't bespeak the mindset of the person who takes on the act to kill themself.

Comment

Can't vouch for the truth of this, but it is compelling if true.
        I've seen a docu about bears in bile farms committing suicide in Vietnam. Vietnamese government have implemented strict rules to eradicate this practice but corruption is getting in the way. It's a big business in South East Asia and that includes our country with a large Chinese population.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
          In my opinion, most could be said to be weak. It is the ultimate form of running away from your problems. There are cases where people have mental issues, which in some ways shows they lack their full mind.

Plenty of people attempt to kill themselves.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          "Waking up in the hospital after swallowing a bunch of pills to attempt suicide is a big disappointment."

An ex-girlfriend said those words. She was 18 when she said it, but was talking about experiences she had. Growing pains?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
            I was thinking of bringing this up earlier today, Nogo. I have read in readers digest a long time ago about the high suicide rate among japanese students who failed entrance exams in Japan's prestigious universities.

I wonder what's happening now.
            For the record, I have not one Japanese bone in my body. I am a white guy from Oregon, who has been in Japan for a while. But I do go to a very prestigious university. And I have to tell you, the pressure I felt was absolutely insane. I'm use to it now, but the first experience made me want to hang myself off of my balcony.

Comment

For the record, I have not one Japanese bone in my body. I am a white guy from Oregon, who has been in Japan for a while. But I do go to a very prestigious university. And I have to tell you, the pressure I felt was absolutely insane. I'm use to it now, but the first experience made me want to hang myself off of my balcony.
              LOL! I'm not saying you're a jap, I know you're a hakujin LOL. I'm just curious. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by led* View Post
                In another thread, Bringer said he sees himself dying because of suicide. I wonder if he kills himself while he is on top of his life.
                I've had friends who killed themselves, mostly associates being that I am from a small town where everyone knows everyone. But one good close friend I grew up with. It was a she. As I mentioned before. I don't know why, you expect it to be a guy. A stupid irrationality on my part. But this case left a very big impression on me. To go to a funeral 2 days after your friend committed suicide, and to listen to her mother bravely command the entire ceremony. Her mother also found her. This is crazy. The church was full. Everybody missed her, and relished in it. She was out of her wits.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                  LOL! I'm not saying you're a jap, I know you're a hakujin LOL. I'm just curious. Thanks for the input.
                  Wasn't saying you were, not just talking to you either. Just wanted to make sure to clarify. It was actually quite difficult to take the exams as a hakujin. Maybe not because of any differences or favoritism, but it is intimidating to sit down to a Japanese entrance exam, and you are surrounded by Chinese people. Don't know how I managed it.

Comment

Wasn't saying you were, not just talking to you either. Just wanted to make sure to clarify. It was actually quite difficult to take the exams as a hakujin. Maybe not because of any differences or favoritism, but it is intimidating to sit down to a Japanese entrance exam, and you are surrounded by Chinese people. Don't know how I managed it.
                    Thanks for clearing that up and congrats, way to go man.

Comment

I think it's the highest form of selfishness. They not only kill themselves but also kill a piece of everybody that cares for them, and for that they go straight to hell.......... just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X