No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: No Matter if Rigondeaux or Mares Are Next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    They said the same about Nishioka when it was rumored that Donaire would be fighting Arce then voila....
    Correct :

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Lmao. Post fight interview he mentioned Mares, Rigo and Nishioka. Even said "definitely Nishioka" and people bought into it. Now he announces Arce which most of us already saw coming but damn he fooled you people into thinking he was gonna fight Nishioka. Same way he's fooling people into thinking he's good and a P4P fighter.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=11

Of course no credit will be given if Donaire beats Nishi.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Mathebula and Vazquez were lighter than him? And if you on the Rigo bandwagon you shouldn't talk about punch resistance right now.
      When did I say Mathebula and Vasquez Jr. were lighter than him? What does Rigo's punch resistance have to do Nishi not warranting Donaire being the best in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by davis828 View Post
        With that being said, Dawson's a super middleweight.

So if Moreno and Donaire lose the same amount of weight, there's no problem in making that fight instead of one with Nishi, Vasquez Jr, or Mathebula, right?

Again, Moreno can bully whoever he wants '18, I still think he'd beat Donaire if they fought at '22.
        If u campaign at the weight since we're being technical....

So Moreno can do it but Donaire can't??? TR vs GB also but I see your agenda

Comment

Correct :

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=11

Of course no credit will be given if Donaire beats Nishi.
          Hahahaha..... Good find

Comment

When did I say Mathebula and Vasquez Jr. were lighter than him? What does Rigo's punch resistance have to do Nishi not warranting Donaire being the best in the division.
            You said Donaire been taking punches from lighter guys. Who were these lighter guys? You said you wanna know if he can take a shot from somebody who can dish it. Dude has fought in 4 divisions and I've yet to see him hurt, unlike Rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              U don't subscribe to the notion that if u can make the weight then that's your weight class???
              Just to elaborate a little more on this, because this ultimately attributes to why I don't recognize Donaire as being that great; a lot of fighters mask their actual abilities by dropping as much weight as possible for the sake of being the bigger, stronger fighter.

This is why I'm interested in seeing how Brandon Rios performs at 140 against a guy who is presumably the same size if not bigger than him, who may even have better boxing ability.

It intrigued me to see how Mosley would fair in his jump to welter, as well as his jump to '54. When he went up against a naturally bigger guy who could box or bang, he struggled (Forrest, Wright, Vargas I, Mayorga, DLH II). He relied on his power against naturally smaller fighters at lightweight, but his flaws became more apparent at heavier weights.

Mayweather was KO'ing anything moving at '30, less so at '35, '40 he stopped a couple, rarely at '47 and '54. But because he's well-schooled and has perfected his boxing craft, he's able to compete with naturally bigger fighters.

I don't think Donaire has done that due to his size whereas Moreno and Rigo rely more on their boxing ability.
              Last edited by deejd; 10-05-2012, 11:48 AM.

Comment

You said Donaire been taking punches from lighter guys. Who were these lighter guys? You said you wanna know if he can take a shot from somebody who can dish it. Dude has fought in 4 divisions and I've yet to see him hurt, unlike Rigo.
                Darchinyan and Montiel. Like you, I'd never seen Donaire hurt and particularly in those two fights against the perceived biggest punchers at '18, unblemished after walking through their punches.

I only brought up Vasquez Jr. because, I don't think he's a KO artist, but he was able to touch up Donaire and prevent him from just coming forward with his hands low, swinging for the fences.

Comment

Just to elaborate a little more on this, because this ultimate attributes to why I don't recognize Donaire as being that great; a lot of fighters mask their actually abilities by dropping as much weight as possible for the sake of being the bigger, stronger fighter.

This is why I'm interested in seeing how Brandon Rios performs at 140 against a guy who is presumably the same size if not bigger than him, who may even have better boxing ability.

It intrigued me to see how Mosley would fair in his jump to welter, as well as his jump to '54. When he went up against a naturally bigger guy who could box or bang, he struggled (Forrest, Wright, Vargas I, Mayorga, DLH II). He relied on his power against naturally smaller fighters at lightweight, but his flaws became more apparent at heavier weights.

Mayweather was KO'ing anything moving at '30, less so at '35, '40 he stopped a couple, rarely at '47 and '54. But because he's well-schooled and has perfected his boxing craft, he's able to compete with naturally bigger fighters.

I don't think Donaire has done that due to his size whereas Moreno and Rigo rely more on their boxing ability.
                  In todays game that's common practice.... I don't see how you're a fan of anyone when almost everyone does it.... Moreno included

Comment

Darchinyan and Montiel. Like you, I'd never seen Donaire hurt and particularly in those two fights against the perceived biggest punchers at '18, unblemished after walking through their punches.

I only brought up Vasquez Jr. because, I don't think he's a KO artist, but he was able to touch up Donaire and prevent him from just coming forward with his hands low, swinging for the fences.
                    He didn't fight Vic at 18.....

Comment

Again, I can't stress enough about the competition these fighters face throughout their careers. This is the same Vasquez Jr. that was fairly untested leading up to Arce and on old, battle-worn fighter stopped him. Who were the 18 KO's? The most significant fights of his career, he lost.

Did Donaire finish Mathebula or Vasquez Jr.? No, but at '18, he was sparking out the heaviest hitters in that division.
                      lol you can say the same for rigo...look at the competition he stopped (the best one being rico ramos who isn't that great to begin with). donaire didn't finish mathebula or vazquez jr but he did put them on their asses for the first time in their careers. along with the knockdowns, donaire had vazquez jr on queer street in the 3rd round from a single punch that barely landed cleanly, and he broke mathebula's jaw. so to say donaire doesn't have any significant power at 122 is wrong imo.

also u bring up the arce fight, but you have to realize that styles make fights. arce is just a tough mother****er. he was constantly pressuring and bullying the younger vazquez jr and going for that stoppage. against donaire, vazquez jr was fighting a much more careful fight (had his guard up tight and barely threw punches for almost the first half of the fight) and donaire is a counter puncher by nature...donaire still clearly outpointed vazquez jr..i don't know what that one judge who scored it for vazquez jr was smoking.

the arce fight was good experience for vazquez jr..a loss early in any fighter's career can be a good thing because they can learn form it and become better in their future fights.
                      Last edited by Bermuda; 10-05-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X