Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most difficult games you've ever played?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most difficult games you've ever played?

For me this one is a no brainer ; The "Devil May Cry" series.

I still have all 3 of them on my PS2. I've yet to beat the third level in the first one, and after trying 5,000 times on that I never even popped in the 2nd or 3rd.

It's safe to say I'll never buy the 4th.

Anybody here ever actually beat those damn games?

Jesus Christ ; they make me want to cry.

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    For me this one is a no brainer ; The "Devil May Cry" series.

I still have all 3 of them on my PS2. I've yet to beat the third level in the first one, and after trying 5,000 times on that I never even popped in the 2nd or 3rd.

It's safe to say I'll never buy the 4th.

Anybody here ever actually beat those damn games?

Jesus Christ ; they make me want to cry.
    Beat 1 and 3, and got close to the end in the 4th one. They are pretty challenging indeed but i love them. The 4th one is pretty easy compared to the rest.

I used to think Devil may cry games were hard until i played ninja gaiden black and ninja gaiden 2. Ninja Gaiden Black was really hard but i never really even tried to get good at it.

Ninja Gaiden 2 kicks my ass so much i don't even feel like playing it. It's the kind of game you can break a controler over. I'm at the second boss, he always beats my ass in less than 30 seconds and i'm playing on the easiest setting. The game really doesn't give you any chances.

Just check out this video:

That guy makes it look much easier than it really is and he still struggles at times.

You need to be extremely defensive in that game unlike most other beat em ups. It's all about counter attacks and quick reflexes.

It has been sitting on my shelf for about a month, don't know if i'll try to play it again or just trade it in.

Comment

SFII HF for Xbox.

Comment

never could get project Gotham racing 2 platinum, only got all gold and 1/4 platinum.

Comment

It's safe to say DMC4 > 2 & 3. and on par with 1.

Beat DMC4 bloody palace, beat it on hell or hell mode which is 1 hit death.

Beat RE4 ON professional, one of the toughest games ever.

RE5 on professional, solo without infinite ammo.

Bioshock on Hard.

Uncharted on Hard and Crushing.

Gears of war 1 & 2 on insane, solo.

Halo 1 & 3 on legendary, solo.

Ninja Gaiden, i believe has a natural difficult difficulty. Same with RE4.

Metal Gear 4 on extreme, also beat it on Normal with 0 alerts, 0 kills and 0 deaths.

Fight Night 4 on G.O.A.T on legacy mode with 0 losses.

Street Fighter IV on Hardest.
          ( don't think these count )

Heavenly Sword on Hell Mode.

Metal Gear 3 on Extreme.

Fallout 3 on Hard.

Comment

Formula 1 games are a challenge for me, i find it hard to complete a lap without going off the track.

Comment

I didn't find Ninja Gaiden 2 that hard. Not saying I didn't struggle, but the only boss I remember being a **** to beat was the final one, where it's basically a case of fighting like Calderon for 99% of the battle otherwise you get destroyed. I haven't played it for about a year though, so possibly I'm remembering wrong.

I finally got around to playing Guitar Hero last week, and I'm finding hard difficulty a complete ***** on that. The learning curve was perfect for easy and medium mode, but now

I think a lot of the old school games were harder though. A big part of that is the lack of save games, but it's also because a lot of them were just plain difficult.

For current gen: the final mission for NOD on Command and Conquer 3 had me beat for a hell of a long time, and that's on easy mode. How the hell people complete that on hard and get all of the bonus stuff is beyond me. In the end I had to follow a step by step guide for it. I hate doing that, but I was in 'by any means neccessary' mode by then.

On The Godfather (360 version) there's a house you have to bomb, but it's surrounded by enemies, and more arrive as soon as you attack. Spent quite a while trying it but in the end I was reduced to cheating.

TNA Impact has a system where you can be dominating a fight, but your opponent reverses everything you do, and their special bar powers up far quicker than yours. So your 40 attacks are inferior to 4 of theirs. Also, kicking out of a pin requires you do move the analogue really fast from side to side, which makes it really hard to kick out of pins.

For older games, I got my arse kicked on Evander Holyfield boxing 1000 times. The final boss on Sonic 2 still takes me about 10 lives to kill. I'm unable to complete Goldeneye on the hardest difficulties.

What's hard for me to think of are games that are hard, but still great (or at least fun). Command and Conquer is one of those, not sure what else.

Comment

**** the street fighter games, someone is an ******* who ever made those games. They are ****ing hard, and ninja gaiden was kind of hard too. I hate extremely hard games because it takes the fun out of the game to me personally.

Comment

100% completion of Goldeneye still remains, to this day, my greatest achievement in the gaming world.

I almost wept when I achieved that last challenge to receive the final cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
                    Beat 1 and 3, and got close to the end in the 4th one. They are pretty challenging indeed but i love them. The 4th one is pretty easy compared to the rest.

I used to think Devil may cry games were hard until i played ninja gaiden black and ninja gaiden 2. Ninja Gaiden Black was really hard but i never really even tried to get good at it.

Ninja Gaiden 2 kicks my ass so much i don't even feel like playing it. It's the kind of game you can break a controler over. I'm at the second boss, he always beats my ass in less than 30 seconds and i'm playing on the easiest setting. The game really doesn't give you any chances.

Just check out this video:

That guy makes it look much easier than it really is and he still struggles at times.

You need to be extremely defensive in that game unlike most other beat em ups. It's all about counter attacks and quick reflexes.

It has been sitting on my shelf for about a month, don't know if i'll try to play it again or just trade it in.
                    Weirdly enough ; I played and beat both the original "Gaiden" remake on the Xbox, and the "black" version and beat them both at least 10 times.

I never got why so many complained about their difficulty.

2 I've yet to play.

But I can't beat DMC to save my ass.

Comment

Working...
                    X