No announcement yet.

Glen The Road Dog Coffee Johnson takes the super 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R O A ☪ View Post
    I think Cloud's power is overrated. Maybe it's just me, but Abraham's more dynamic a puncher IMO.
    Cloud is a legit 175-pounder and whether or not you think his power is overrated the fact remains that he has 18 KOs in his 21 fights.

Abraham is a smallish middleweight--I don't think he brings anything to the table that Glen Johnson hasn't felt before.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Cloud is a legit 175-pounder and whether or not you think his power is overrated the fact remains that he has 18 KOs in his 21 fights.

Abraham is a smallish middleweight--I don't think he brings anything to the table that Glen Johnson hasn't felt before.
      18 KO's in 21 fights is how a guy's power can get to be overrated, statistics can mislead. I just think Abraham's more dynamic of a puncher than Cloud (I consider his to be real P4P power), and different types of power can produce different results in different fighters - if AA could get off his best shots, to me, it'd just be interesting to see how Johnson takes them. That's not to say he can't take them. Other guys have gone the distance with Abraham, there's nothing to say Johnson can't. I'm just curious to see what would happen if Abraham landed a few of those really big ones that have rubbernecked other fighters. His power has definitely come up with him, and he's not really *that* small of a guy even at 168lb.

Comment

I don't know if he's got the power to knock any of the other guys out or not because they are obviously more durable than Green is. And if he aint knocking them out, he aint beating any of them even if he does enough to appear to deserve the win if it goes the distance. I made a thread saying that I think he could win the tournament and I think he is better than Ward. But seeing how the judges always screw him over, I honestly think he'll probably lose in his next fight because we know that Ward gets preferential treatment on the location of his fights and Froch is a big cry baby now about going oversees ever since he lost that decision to Kessler.

All that is the reason why I like Johnson. Doesn't complain or pull out of fights like these other pussy ass bitches do like Dirrel. I give Kessler the benefit of the doubt a little because I think his injury is legit.

Comment

Whats crazy is Glen is respected by all. He will be a tough SOB for all these guys and no one will deny that.

Comment

Originally posted by R O A ☪ View Post
            Turns out the Super Six is doing okay.

We have the most deserving 3 of the original lineup in the semis, plus Glen Johnson (who is worthier than Kessler, Dirrell and Taylor, anyway, IMO).

Great semi-finals/final in prospect.

Green is a flake, though, comparatively.

Wonder how Glencoffe would take Abraham's in multiples. I think AA lands some flush bombs.
            AA is not that good, how would AA win any rounds at the pace he fights at and if Johnson took everything Cloud threw at him I highly doubt AA is stopping Glen.

Comment

Ward easily beats him. I have no doubts about that.

Abraham and Froch would have to be at their very best, but I don't think Glen could knock either out and there's no way any judges would give him a decision which is messed up.

Comment

Man, I'm with Glen all the way in the Super 6. Glen is the boxing fans champion in my opinion, he comes to fight, he's not here to prance around. I'll be rooting for Glen till he retires, what a top guy he is.. Go Glen!

Comment

Working...
                X