No announcement yet.

Is adonis Stevenson the worst champion ever in terms of defenses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Fonfara and Bellew turned out to be decent defenses. Other than that though? Ugh.
    On top of those two, I liked Williams -- liked his showing against Rodriguez (flattened him in two) and he performed well against Stevenson in an underrated fight. I also think Alvarez is a solid title defense. No great shakes, but solid defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
      Defenses
      1st - 9-28-13 T. Cloud former IBF Light Heavyweight Champion
      2nd - 11-30-13 B. Bellew WBC Cruiserweight Champion
      3rd - 5-24-14 A. Fonfara beat the likes of Former Champ J. Chaves Jr and Two Time Champ N. Cleverly
      4th - 12-19-14 D. Sukhotsky medicore fighter beat the likes of N. Mohemedi and Never been stopped before
      5th - 4-4-15 S. Bika former WBC Super Middleweight Champion never been stopped
      6th - 9-11-15 T. Karpency top 10 at the time beat the likes of C. Dawson
      7th - 7-29-15 T. Williams Jr top 10 beat the likes of Y. Mach, C. White, and E. Rodirguez

so people really let the fact they don't like him cloud there judgement
      Cloud came off two losses to fight Stevenson and was the most overrated fighter light heavyweight's seen in recent years.

Sukhotsky and Williams are plain average. Karpency as well, and by the time he got to Dawson the dude was shot to ****. Dawson's really been terrible since Ward drained and whipped his ass. I don't think that much of Stevenson beating him, either.

Bika was well-past it and looked awful losing to Anthony Dirrell in his previous fight. And also on a two fight losing streak going into the Stevenson fight.

Fonfara and Bellew are the only defenses really worth a damn that Stevenson has made, and they're not exactly great wins. Add in the fights he avoided and his "reign" has been pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        On top of those two, I liked Williams -- liked his showing against Rodriguez (flattened him in two) and he performed well against Stevenson in an underrated fight. I also think Alvarez is a solid title defense. No great shakes, but solid defenses.
        I forgot he's fighting Alvarez next. That is a good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Tarver-glen-tarver-hopkins-calzaghe-vacant-hopkins/pascal, dawson, adonis
          Michael Spinks (1983-September 1985; Vacated title)
          Virgil Hill (1996 - 1997)
          Dariusz Michalczewski (1997-2003)
          Julio Cesar Gonzalez (2003-2004)
          Zsolt Erdei (2004-2009; Vacated title)
          Jean Pascal (2010-2011)
          Bernard Hopkins (2011-2012)
          Chad Dawson (2012-2013)
          Adonis Stevenson (2013-Present)

I'll got with Cyberzone -- no way euro-bum Calzaghe is on my list.

Comment

two words- deontay wilder.

Comment

His defenses are fine, for the most part. It's his age and inactivity that's concerning. Kovalev stole his thunder by fighting B-Hop and Pascal, and now Adonis has to find a way of getting back into our good graces.

Comment

Lineal champion? No question.

Comment

It's been kind of uninspiring.

Comment

wasnt Fonfara a top 10 defense?

Comment

Kind of seems like a lot of guys duck him

Comment

Working...
                      X