Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the tougher fight for Floyd Austin Trout or Canelo Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout. Trout's too big for Floyd and I'd favor him in that fight. Let's face it, Floyd's pretty damned small for 154 and someone as big and skilled as Trout could beat him based on size advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Trout would box Floyd, Canelo would try to hurt Floyd.

In the end, Canelo probably softens Floyd up a bit even in losing, makes him closer to retirement, or probably makes him want to retire even if he wins.

Trout would do no damage to Floyd, Floyd probably decides to continue fighting after going to 12 with the pillow-powered wonder.
      Thats exactly why I think Trout would have a better chance than Canelo. When was the last time anyone even won any rounds against floyd by being "physical"? All of the last guys, Zab, DLH, and Cotto won rounds by boxing with a good defense and jab. When has floyd even been "softened up", meaning hurt and tired across multiple rounds?

Yeah go ahead and bring up the fight from 10+ years ago when he had a shoulder that required surgery but as far as recently nobody has had success with trying to rough up floyd. Canelo's pressure will be ineffective.

Comment

Trout would box Floyd, Canelo would try to hurt Floyd.

In the end, Canelo probably softens Floyd up a bit even in losing, makes him closer to retirement, or probably makes him want to retire even if he wins.

Trout would do no damage to Floyd, Floyd probably decides to continue fighting after going to 12 with the pillow-powered wonder.
        I'll let you tell it. Josesito layed leather on ginger, so did Mosley & Gomez & all the other boatloads of shot fighters he fought. Floyd is leagues better, in every department than all of those guys, maybe even combined, literally. Floyd keeps ginger in the center of the ring & boxes circles around him. He isn't hard to hit & he gases. He walks down stiffs, not 1 of the best fighters in the sport, get real.

Austin Trout had the power to keep Cotto honest. He's no Paulie. He's longer than Floyd, southpaw, good stamina, good skill, younger & more proven than ginger.

Comment

If Paulstin Trautanaggi can get the Saul CanelGod fight and actually beat him clearly, unlike the Cotto fight, then i'd love to see Mayweather-Trout. But as of right now Canelo-Mayweather seems more attractive to me.

Comment

If Paulstin Trautanaggi can get the Saul CanelGod fight and actually beat him clearly, unlike the Cotto fight, then i'd love to see Mayweather-Trout. But as of right now Canelo-Mayweather seems more attractive to me.
            Trout beat Cotto about as clearly as Floyd did & owned the championship rounds clearer to.

Comment

Trout no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Trout beat Cotto about as clearly as Floyd did & owned the championship rounds clearer to.
                Trout-Cotto was a 7-5 fight.

Mayweather-Cotto was at most 10-2, and at least 8-4[being generous/Cotto stan/anti-Floyd/Pacfan].

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                  Thats exactly why I think Trout would have a better chance than Canelo. When was the last time anyone even won any rounds against floyd by being "physical"? All of the last guys, Zab, DLH, and Cotto won rounds by boxing with a good defense and jab. When has floyd even been "softened up", meaning hurt and tired across multiple rounds?

Yeah go ahead and bring up the fight from 10+ years ago when he had a shoulder that required surgery but as far as recently nobody has had success with trying to rough up floyd. Canelo's pressure will be ineffective.
                  Cotto was VERY physical.

I agree DLH and Judah did try to box.

Comment

Trout-Cotto was a 7-5 fight.

Mayweather-Cotto was at most 10-2, and at least 8-4[being generous/Cotto stan/anti-Floyd/Pacfan].
                    Nope, the fights were every bit as competitive.

Comment

Floyd's comfort zone is boxing. That's what Trout does, and with no power too.

Floyd gets uncomfortable with constant pressure and power, Trout has neither of these.
                      Mayweather would have to walk at Trout, who's huge and skilled. That would definitely make him uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                      X