Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be remembered as the greater fighter: Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
    i could disagree with the above as the very simple point that pbf's career included the rise and fall of pac yet pbf has got nothing to do with pac's fall.........

on the contrary, pac's name will always be foremost in the names of fighters pbf avoided............
    I'm not trying to conflate their careers or suggest one has to do with the other. I'm simply pointing out Floyd is still flourishing while Manny clearly isn't. And the wave of emotion that accompanied Manny has subsided like a wave that just crested. I think that's noteworthy......

Manny Pacquiao will continue to be the illusion some "fans" hide behind because they can't accept anything that isn't "humble" or "emasculated." They need a hero that suites their sensibilities and I'm completely okay with that, I just wish they were a little more honest about it.
    Last edited by Slip Stream; 06-13-2013, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• The answer is Floyd. The way he has dominated the sport for so long, the names he has beat, and the fact that he will probably retire undefeated will solidify the fact that his name will be the first spoken when we speak of this era in the future.

Comment

• floyd.......The same criticisms that floyd gets can also be said of manny so i dont understand where this manny takes risks floyd doesnt stuff comes from. Manny has his share of perceived "ducked" fights as well (Zahir comes to mind) but people seem to want to keep a certain image of pac in their heads i guess.

Both fighters are great.

one fights more than the other (pac)
        one fights at a higher weight class (Pac)
        one fights with "whirlwind speed and punches in bunches and is exciting" (pac)
        one is popular as hell around the world (pac)

one fights the "consistently higher ranked fighters" (floyd)
        one fights against the more varied styles (floyd)
        one is considered to be one of the most technically gifted fighters maybe of all time. (floyd)
        one is undefeated (floyd)

i could go deeper but fucc it i like them both. I still pick floyd as the greater fighter tho.

lil article i seen today what do ya'll think? pay attention to the comment section as well: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...manny-pacquiao

Comment

• Floyd could have beat Pac in 2010 and sent him packing, but he didn't. Even after KTFO6 Pac's legacy is still greater than Floyd's.

For a non-American to rise to the top of American boxing and receive all the accolades and adulation of boxing press/fans at the same time that Floyd is active and in the same weight class just speaks volumes about how their legacies will be interpreted years from now.

Comment

• Well the poll says "fighter" and that's 100% Manny.

Floyd is a technical boxer not a fighter. The last time he "fought" was when cotto busted up his face and that's why he doesn't like to fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              The answer is Floyd. The way he has dominated the sport for so long, the names he has beat, and the fact that he will probably retire undefeated will solidify the fact that his name will be the first spoken when we speak of this era in the future.
              Floyd did crush a prime Henry Bruseles. That's a massive name.

Too bad he avoided a prime Tszyu, Manny and Sergio. If he fought and beat those guys then he's a legend but we know he talked his way out of the toughest fights.

Comment

• When a guy admitted he cherry picked for his easy money easy fghts and he also admitted he is a coward but a rich coward. Confessed his health must comes first than fight those what his fans want because they don't pay his bills. Only the low iq floydiots wil defend this guy and put him above Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                  Wow, the poll result is overwhelmingly in favor of Manny so far.
                  no offense but on this board anything that measures pac man vs mayweather will goto pac no matter the question there are way more manny fans then mayweather. if u ask any boxing expert trainer or fighter the answer would be mayweather we all know this

Comment

• Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                    When a guy admitted he cherry picked for his easy money easy fghts and he also admitted he is a coward but a rich coward. Confessed his health must comes first than fight those what his fans want because they don't pay his bills. Only the low iq floydiots wil defend this guy and put him above Pac.
                    uhh bro manny picks fights according to money as well how is that any different

Comment

• The question originally was 'Who has the greater legacy so far, Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao?'

Despite all the arguments above, perception is a strange thing. Mayweather generally across the world is perceived as a fantastic boxer that has engineered his career in a clever way. He is 'perceived' as taking the right fights at the right time for him within the right deal and surrounding caveats (location etc). The general perception of him as a person is an arrogant, flashy, trash talking 'wife beating' bragard. All of the above may not be true but that is the general perception of the man.

Pac is perceived as the little man of the people who took huge risks and overcame many physical differences to win several world titles in weight divisions far far higher than should have been possible. He is perceived to have done this whilst striving to better the lives of his fellow countrymen through charitable and political work.
                      The general perception of him is a tough, polite, humble little man who has exploited his position and fame for not only his good for the good of his country.

Therefore legacy wise Pacquiao may be remembered and perceived in a far better light than Mayweather. However the reality may be be different.

Comment

Working...
                      X