Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video of Indonesian boxer's tragic end

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As stated in my original post, I agree with the posters here in regards of the refereeing, but it raises another question: If the ref did nothing wrong then who's to blame?

Comment

the stoppage was fine. you can't blame the ref, though i am sure he's seeing that kid's face when he closes his eyes.

these two were spent.

both guys looked exhausted. when you're that tired your body stops responding to commands. you'll try and take a step to the right, and it will turn into two or three because you're so off balance.

i blame the matchmaking. no teenager should be in a 12 round fight, unless he's an incredibly experienced boxer with a true pedigree. this guy isn't that.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
        As stated in my original post, I agree with the posters here in regards of the refereeing, but it raises another question: If the ref did nothing wrong then who's to blame?
        No one...... its a contact sport and people get hurt even when no mistakes are made.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post

on some level youhave to accept that boxing inherently carries with it the risk of death. that's what makes our sport make the rest seem like games.

you don't play boxing.

i blame the handlers of the young man. a 17 year old shouldn't be scheduled for 12 rounds unless he's a phenom.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            No one...... its a contact sport and people get hurt even when no mistakes are made.

it appeared that they were scheduled for 12. that's a mistake, IMO. i only saw the last round, but the kid looked tired and over his head. they were both tired.

that said, that he was scheduled for 12 isn't what killed him by itself. this is boxing. you win fights by doing more damage for the balance of rounds, causing a ref to stop a fight because an opponent is unable to defend himself, or putting a man down for a period of 10 seconds where he is unable to stand.

he was only in the 8th.

some poor decisions were made, but unfortunately it doesn't appear as if this could have been prevented, given the nature of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              Of course it is an obvious stoppage, if anything he was too slow in stopping it. The kid stopped defending himself and put his arms in the air to quit, he received 4 more clean punches before the ref jumped in.
              The ref did nothing wrong. Boxers put there arms up to taunt their opponent, or invite them to throw more punches. The ref did an excellent job in identifying the fighter was not taunting and wanted instead the fight to be stopped. The 4 clean punches was a result of the kid raising his arms while still in battle. The ref has to protect the fighter, but also the fighter has to protect himself. This is where taking a knee and saying you don't want to fight anymore would have done wonders, instead of raising your arms.

Comment

when they are holding him up you can see him fading into the other side....i love the sweet science but this is tragic,sad,and the last thing anyone wants to see happen to a fighter. R.I.P

Comment

Ugh man...Looks like everything went wrong after that vicious ass liver/body shot at 1:14. Something must have shut down after that. Did they ever release autopsy results?

Comment

Working...
                  X