No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Still Ponders Pre-Pacquiao Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
    JMM should beat Pac by KO or at least 10 rounds wins for a convicing UD for him! He should not rely to his trainer of winning just 1 or 2 rounds!
    What a stupid post. Yeah let's make a special occasion just for Pac. Marquez has to win 10 ROUNDS, two rounds is not enough.

Fucking idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
      To be fair there are whispers of Mayweather-Khan in November or December. And with Floyd going to jail this fight would not have been a legit option for this year(Promotional buildup etc...), unless the moment Mayweather got out of jail they were ready to begin all that.
      Problem is, there's always whispers about Mayweather fighting BS opponents in between his fights. Before the Mosley fight, he was supposedly supposed to fight Nate Campbell. There's been talks of him fighting Paul Spadafora for years. Before this past fight with Cotto, Arum came out in the media saying Mayweather was fighting Erik Morales. Honestly, I wouldn't doubt that Arum hasn't started all the other BS opponent rumors. Difference between the Mayweather whispers and Pacquaio whispers is that the last 5+ opponent whispers for Pacquaio happen to be true. That's why I give merit to JMM feeling its a foregone conclusion that he's fighting Pac this fall. I mean, it was Pac's promotor who ranks right above God in Pac's life that said when the May 5 date was on the table that a JMM is something they wanted to explore before fighting Mayweather.

Comment

the best

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        Mayweather isn't holding the fight up any more than Pac. When Mayweather was calling Pac out, Pac and crew came with multiple excuses as to why it couldn't happen on the proposed May 5 date. Pac's cut, temporary stadiums, etc. So let's not make this a Mayweather problem. Actually, Pac is the one continually changing the bar. Mayweather has always said take the tests. Mayweather has always said he won't fight for 50/50. Ironically, when Pac said he would take the ests and fight for less is money is when Mayweather seemed to most want the fight. Then came the excuses and then the ultimate "I won't fight for less than 50/50" renig from Pac that killed negotiations. It is what it is. If money is the issue, Ariza recently came out and said Mayweather's numbers are better and deserve the lion's share. He doesn't deserve 100% of the PPV revenue. But Pac doesn't deserve 50% either. So in the end, they're both holding up the fight if they stick to those numbers.
        This is the most pro-coward & greed knowledge i ever read.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
          Marquez needs to let this one go, he has no one but himself to blame for how the third fight ended. He let up in the late rounds and expected to get a decision against Top Rank's money maker? I thought it was an even after the 10th but then Nacho told him he was winning and it seemed to take all the urgency out of JMM. He should have known he needed to go for it, if not knock Pac out, to get a victory. A fourth fight would be a waste of time.
          You know according to JMM-Pac 3 scorecards, Trowbridge actually had the 12th round to Marquez (oddly enough). However, Hoyle and Moretti had the final round for Pacquiao. Had Marquez of turned it up and went all out in that single 12th round, Moretti would have had the fight a draw, Hoyle would have had JMM up 115-113 whilst Trowbridges 112-116 remained the same thus the fight a draw a second time buuuuttt... Oh well it is what it is..

Comment

JMM is a dumb @ss....and a stalker. You will walk away from money just to wait and fight Manny again?? IF the fight even happens. Knowing Arum, it will. But why not fight Judah and especially Rios?? 2 great fights.

Comment

Working...
            X