No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diaz Not High on Mayweather Facing Khan or Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Diaz Not High on Mayweather Facing Khan or Maidana

Joel Diaz, trainer of WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley, is not overly excited over the prospect of Floyd Mayweather Jr. defending his WBC title against Amir Khan or WBA beltholder Marcos Maidana - the two frontrunners to face the pound-for-pound king on May 3rd at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Diaz would rather see Mayweather fight someone like WBC/WBA junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia or even hold a rematch with Miguel Cotto, who tested Mayweather in 2012. Unfortunately, both Garcia and Cotto have fights scheduled in the coming months.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I totally agree. Floyd should not fight either of these two guys. Maidana got beat by Devon Alexander, who dominated him over ten rounds. A mere con has no chin. Either way, Floyd by ko. Bad for boxing.

Comment

Could have fought GGG at 154 or Martinez at 154, Garcia at 147, Bradley (sure he would have left TR if he had a guarantee of the fight) Lara at 154 would have been the best fight see how FLoyd deals with a guy similar to himself in many areas. Hell id even have paid to see him and Andrade hes a southpaw and brings something different instead he chooses between relentless but limited Maidana or Glass chin no defence Amir Con Man

Comment

Queen Cotto will lose again.
        Floyd Jr is the real "KING" #1 P4P Fighter of the decade.

Comment

I dont think Floyd will fight either but if he did then I wouldnt be upset for the simple fact that I dont think there is any way in hell that Showtime allows it if Floyd didnt assure them a big matchup in September. Not totally similar but kinda similar to him fighting Ghost and then Canelo.

With that being said, I dont wanna hear anything Diaz has to say because he shouldve let Bradley's contract run out and then go to GBP. There is no way in hell that they wouldnt have given him Floyd. He wouldve got a Floyd fight right off the bat and then still after his L wouldve had guys like Broner, Garcia, Thurman, Ghost, Matthysee, Maidana, and Khan.

Floyd wouldve taken the Bradley fight with the quickness. I dont think he's a duck but if he did duck someone, it wouldnt be a righty who is his same size and doesnt have special power. No way Floyd would fear that. He wouldve gotten that fight in September

Comment

Originally posted by JAYT01 View Post
            Could have fought GGG at 154 or Martinez at 154, Garcia at 147, Bradley (sure he would have left TR if he had a guarantee of the fight) Lara at 154 would have been the best fight see how FLoyd deals with a guy similar to himself in many areas. Hell id even have paid to see him and Andrade hes a southpaw and brings something different instead he chooses between relentless but limited Maidana or Glass chin no defence Amir Con Man
            Garcia didnt want the fight

Comment

Garcia is not ready and a Cotto rematch doesn't make any sense at the moment apart from money wise, I think Mayweather and Showtime should really look more to 154 for his May 3rd fight to be honest, the problem is the money. The need someone like Canelo at 154, someone that brings the money but there is none at that weight.

Comment

im sure if they offered him big $$$ and Floyd had a word with Heyman the fight could have got made. From the looks of things it will be Khan in May and Maidana in September if he beats Broner again. Floyd don't want to take any kind of risks if he gave a **** about his legacy it would have been Lara next Im sure they would have done better PPV than Khan I doubt many Americans will pay to see that. Lara while not a huge name was in a great fight with Angulo and absolutely schooled Austin Trout

Comment

Originally posted by DLT
                  I dont think Floyd will fight either but if he did then I wouldnt be upset for the simple fact that I dont think there is any way in hell that Showtime allows it if Floyd didnt assure them a big matchup in September. Not totally similar but kinda similar to him fighting Ghost and then Canelo.

With that being said, I dont wanna hear anything Diaz has to say because he shouldve let Bradley's contract run out and then go to GBP. There is no way in hell that they wouldnt have given him Floyd. He wouldve got a Floyd fight right off the bat and then still after his L wouldve had guys like Broner, Garcia, Thurman, Ghost, Matthysee, Maidana, and Khan.

Floyd wouldve taken the Bradley fight with the quickness. I dont think he's a duck but if he did duck someone, it wouldnt be a righty who is his same size and doesnt have special power. No way Floyd would fear that. He wouldve gotten that fight in September
                  Diaz is his TRAINER you fkin ******. He cant control what Bradley does.

Always talking out your ass, dude.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Diaz has some good points but he forgets tm and danny said they were not interested in fighting floyd right now. My preferences, in order:

Sergio, 160
                    Tim, 147
                    Manny, 147
                    Danny 147

Comment

Working...
                    X