Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• watched holyfield v douglas lenoard v norris today while having a drink.

Comment

• Martin Honorio W10 John Molina

Rd.1-Honorio
      Rd.2-Honorio
      Rd.3-Honorio
      Rd.4-Honorio (Close)
      Rd.5-Honorio
      Rd.6-Honorio
      Rd.7-Honorio
      Rd.8-Honorio
      Rd.9-Honorio
      Rd.10-Honorio

Excellent fight but Honorio really controlled every round of the fight and outworked Molina, outmaneuvered him and landed the better quality of punches throughout the whole bout. Molina made a mini-rally in the last minute of the fourth but even when they got into punching exchanges it's not like he had any type of real control or an advantage that showed. Beautiful work with the jab of Honorio and I really liked how he mixed in multiple body punches into his combinations. Molina just couldn't get going with that jab in his face and he seemed to get discouraged when he opened up with both hands and missed and as a consequence he wouldn't throw in combination. All in all this was a very enjoyable fight, not really edge of your seat stuff but a good, solid war.

Yuriorkis Gamboa KO1 Al Seeger

Just a brutal showing of punching power from Gamboa, Seeger looked to implement a jab and grab strategy but almost everytime he would get close or miss a punch and over-extend himself he would pay with a combination from Gamboa. Seeger landed one clean right while he was moving backwards and Gamboa walked right through it and showed him no respect whatsoever. The right hand that flattened Seeger was a thing of beauty and the misdirection with the body punch was very good or a guy with so few pro fights at the time.

Fernando Montiel TD3 Alejandro Valdez

Rd.1-Montiel (10-8)
      Rd.2-Valdez (10-9, should have been 10-8)
      Rd.3-Valdez (close)

Very good short fight, Montiel drops him with a hook-uppercut combo early and looks to be outclassing him but catches an accidental headbutt when separating from a clinch and wasn't the same fighter after the blood started flowing. In the second Valdez was more aggressive and ends up dropping Montiel with a right uppercut on the inside but I guess it was ruled a slip and wasn't counted. The third round was close, Valdez was working the right uppercut and looked to hurt Montiel's eye with punches but Montiel complained of a headbutt which I didn't see, either way his eye was swelling badly by this point. Had the knockdown been scored as it should of Valdez would have been the victor.

Comment

• Pavlik-Taylor 1, beginning of the end for Jermain.
        Benn-Eubank 1, great fight.
        Terry Norris-Troy Waters
        McClellan-Jackson 1

Comment

• I'm watching Duran vs de Jesus fights right now as we speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            Penalosa vs Morel

Round 1 Morel (Kind)
            Both guys did so little it was hard to split them,the
            punches they did throw seem to miss

Round 2 Penalosa

Penalosa edged this on his right hook and body work imo,he
            also closed better

Round 3 Penalosa

Morel started well nailing Penalosa on the ropes but Penalosa fought his way back
            into the round and did most of the work for the rest of the round as Morel switched
            off, Penalosa landed straight lefts to head and body

Round 4 Morel

Tough round to score as i had Penalosa just infront but Morel closed better and
            probably landed the best punches of the round so im gonna go for Morel

Round 5 Morel

Simply more active, Penalosa did very little this round.

Round 6 Penalosa
            Penalosa landed the best punch of the fight a straight left he then landed another
            no long after that down the stretch he Penaolsa scored a right hook to.

Round 7 Penalosa
            Close round that was on the table but Penalosa won it down the stretch as he got
            more aggressive

Round 8 Penalosa

This round was close but again Penalosa picked up and Morel did not stay with him
            down the stretch, Penalosa also landed hard to the body this round

Round 9 Penalosa

Penalosa aggression took over a round which was up for grabs.

Round 10 Penalosa

Penalosa more active landing the harder punches and taking this round on his
            aggression body work is grinding Morel down to imo

Round 11 Penalosa

Penalosa overwhelming Morel with his aggression and banging him to the body with
            hard shots

Round 12 Penalosa

There were a few rounds (7+8+9) that were close and up for
            grabs but i felt Penalosa did more down the stretch of those
            rounds to punctuate them as Penalosa rounds, Penalosa would
            show willing to close out the round and Morel would not stay
            with him and when the rounds are up for grabs you gotta close
            them out as best you can.

I reckon some might have scored this fight closer but i dont see Morel winning many
            other rounds unless you were being kind to him,Penalose definitely deserved
            the decision and was robbed as far as im concerned.

Morel fought most of the fight moving away and missing most of the punches he
            threw whilst getting hit with hard clean punches by Penalosa,particularly down the
            stretch where Penalose was dominating the fight with his aggression and being more
            active and landing the harder shots. The beginning of the fight was close but Penalosa
            closed this fight out and should of won.

-------------------------------------------------

Concepcion vs Mario Santiago

Round 1 Concepcion

Close round as Santiago dictated the pace of the round but
            was not that effective with his jabbing, Concepcion landed
            a right hand on him mid round then toward the end he closed
            the round out better by landing a series of right hands

Round 2 Concepcion

Santiago did a little better early in the round landing the jab
            but Concepcion took over with his hard right hands he also
            landed solid to the body at one point

Round 3 Santiago (kind)

Tough round to score but i think Santiago was a little more
            consistent altthough i could of scored this round for Concepcion to because
            Concepcion did land the harder shots albeit he was a little less
            active.

Round 4 Concepcion

Another tough round to score because whilst Santiago was active early
            he was not landing anything,most of what he threw was blocked, Concepcion
            did not do a lot either but landed the best punch of the round a hard counter
            right, Santiago came back toward the end and could of taken it but seeing as i gave
            him the benefit of the doubt in the last round im going with Concepcion here. I
            thought either round 3 & 4 could of swung either way.

Round 5 Santiago

Much better round for Santiago as he showed a better defence against Concepcion's
            right hands and he managed to back Concepcion which i felt was key to him having
            more success.

Round 6 Concepcion 10/8

Santiago let Concepcion back him again this round and its no coincidence that Concepcion
            had a good round and nailed him with a series of right hands one of those
            right hands dropped him

Round 7 Santiago

Santiago backed Concepcion and was more consistent and dictated the round imo

Round 8 Concepcion

Santiago dictated the pace of the round but did not do much effective landing.
            I felt Concepcion took the round on his harder punches that he come alive with mid
            round

Round 9 Concepcion

Concepcion switched off down the stretch but i still felt he landed the harder cleaner
            shots over the coarse of the round could of swung to Santiago i guess.

Round 10 Santiago

Excellent round by Santiago as he backed Concepcion
            up and the nailed him on the ropes, Santiago gave up
            the distance laid inside and tried to hammer Concepcion, Concepcion fought back
            mid round but Santiago came back toward the end to continue dominating the round

If only Santiago had tried to back Concepcion up the whole fight i reckon he would of
            won, Concepcion's counter right hand was keeping him in this fight as he was landing
            it hard,clean and often throughout the fight, that said he only seemed to have major
            success with it when he was in centre ring or backing Santiago up when Santiago
            backed him up he was not effective with it.

I do feel Concepcion did enough to win though mainly based on the fact he landed
            the harder punches, Santiago was busy and dictated the pace but a lot of his jabs
            either missed or were blocked and he was throwing punches that had very little on
            them.

---------------------------------------------------

Donaire vs Manuel Vargas

Round 1 Donaire

Donaire pushing Vargas back behind the jab and landing
            counter rights and nice solid left hand,rabbit caught in the
            headlights springs to mind for Vargas.

Round 2 Donaire
            Vargas landed a good right hand but Donaire answered that
            with an even harder right hand and controlled the rest of the
            round

Round 3 Donaire started landing the right hand against then
            he opened up with an impressive combo that dropped Vargas
            who was flat on his back and could not beat the count.

Donaire used his height & reach as he backed Vargas up behind the jab,
            Vargas was never going to get into this fight backing up, not against a guy
            that maintains distance and utilizes that reach by staying disciplined behind the jab.
            Vargas backing up was relying on counters but those counters were not there because
            Donaire did not leave him anything to counter, he worked his way in behind
            the jab and kept it long where the gap between them favoured the rangy fighter
            which was Donaire.

Donaire looks the way he always looks, fast throwing good counter punches, however
            im not sure how much his inside game has improved if at all.
            Saw Segura vs Tello last night on FSN. One of the best one sided brawls you will ever see. Segura could not miss with uppercuts as he snapped back Tello's head all four rounds. Tello took a beating, but to his credit he tried valiantly to land a lucky shot. Ref finally stopped the fight towards the end of the 4th. Wold love to see a 108 pound title fight between Segura and Ivan Calderon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
              Penalosa vs Morel

Round 1 Morel (Kind)
              Both guys did so little it was hard to split them,the
              punches they did throw seem to miss

Round 2 Penalosa

Penalosa edged this on his right hook and body work imo,he
              also closed better

Round 3 Penalosa

Morel started well nailing Penalosa on the ropes but Penalosa fought his way back
              into the round and did most of the work for the rest of the round as Morel switched
              off, Penalosa landed straight lefts to head and body

Round 4 Morel

Tough round to score as i had Penalosa just infront but Morel closed better and
              probably landed the best punches of the round so im gonna go for Morel

Round 5 Morel

Simply more active, Penalosa did very little this round.

Round 6 Penalosa
              Penalosa landed the best punch of the fight a straight left he then landed another
              no long after that down the stretch he Penaolsa scored a right hook to.

Round 7 Penalosa
              Close round that was on the table but Penalosa won it down the stretch as he got
              more aggressive

Round 8 Penalosa

This round was close but again Penalosa picked up and Morel did not stay with him
              down the stretch, Penalosa also landed hard to the body this round

Round 9 Penalosa

Penalosa aggression took over a round which was up for grabs.

Round 10 Penalosa

Penalosa more active landing the harder punches and taking this round on his
              aggression body work is grinding Morel down to imo

Round 11 Penalosa

Penalosa overwhelming Morel with his aggression and banging him to the body with
              hard shots

Round 12 Penalosa

There were a few rounds (7+8+9) that were close and up for
              grabs but i felt Penalosa did more down the stretch of those
              rounds to punctuate them as Penalosa rounds, Penalosa would
              show willing to close out the round and Morel would not stay
              with him and when the rounds are up for grabs you gotta close
              them out as best you can.

I reckon some might have scored this fight closer but i dont see Morel winning many
              other rounds unless you were being kind to him,Penalose definitely deserved
              the decision and was robbed as far as im concerned.

Morel fought most of the fight moving away and missing most of the punches he
              threw whilst getting hit with hard clean punches by Penalosa,particularly down the
              stretch where Penalose was dominating the fight with his aggression and being more
              active and landing the harder shots. The beginning of the fight was close but Penalosa
              closed this fight out and should of won.

-------------------------------------------------

Concepcion vs Mario Santiago

Round 1 Concepcion

Close round as Santiago dictated the pace of the round but
              was not that effective with his jabbing, Concepcion landed
              a right hand on him mid round then toward the end he closed
              the round out better by landing a series of right hands

Round 2 Concepcion

Santiago did a little better early in the round landing the jab
              but Concepcion took over with his hard right hands he also
              landed solid to the body at one point

Round 3 Santiago (kind)

Tough round to score but i think Santiago was a little more
              consistent altthough i could of scored this round for Concepcion to because
              Concepcion did land the harder shots albeit he was a little less
              active.

Round 4 Concepcion

Another tough round to score because whilst Santiago was active early
              he was not landing anything,most of what he threw was blocked, Concepcion
              did not do a lot either but landed the best punch of the round a hard counter
              right, Santiago came back toward the end and could of taken it but seeing as i gave
              him the benefit of the doubt in the last round im going with Concepcion here. I
              thought either round 3 & 4 could of swung either way.

Round 5 Santiago

Much better round for Santiago as he showed a better defence against Concepcion's
              right hands and he managed to back Concepcion which i felt was key to him having
              more success.

Round 6 Concepcion 10/8

Santiago let Concepcion back him again this round and its no coincidence that Concepcion
              had a good round and nailed him with a series of right hands one of those
              right hands dropped him

Round 7 Santiago

Santiago backed Concepcion and was more consistent and dictated the round imo

Round 8 Concepcion

Santiago dictated the pace of the round but did not do much effective landing.
              I felt Concepcion took the round on his harder punches that he come alive with mid
              round

Round 9 Concepcion

Concepcion switched off down the stretch but i still felt he landed the harder cleaner
              shots over the coarse of the round could of swung to Santiago i guess.

Round 10 Santiago

Excellent round by Santiago as he backed Concepcion
              up and the nailed him on the ropes, Santiago gave up
              the distance laid inside and tried to hammer Concepcion, Concepcion fought back
              mid round but Santiago came back toward the end to continue dominating the round

If only Santiago had tried to back Concepcion up the whole fight i reckon he would of
              won, Concepcion's counter right hand was keeping him in this fight as he was landing
              it hard,clean and often throughout the fight, that said he only seemed to have major
              success with it when he was in centre ring or backing Santiago up when Santiago
              backed him up he was not effective with it.

I do feel Concepcion did enough to win though mainly based on the fact he landed
              the harder punches, Santiago was busy and dictated the pace but a lot of his jabs
              either missed or were blocked and he was throwing punches that had very little on
              them.

---------------------------------------------------

Donaire vs Manuel Vargas

Round 1 Donaire

Donaire pushing Vargas back behind the jab and landing
              counter rights and nice solid left hand,rabbit caught in the
              headlights springs to mind for Vargas.

Round 2 Donaire
              Vargas landed a good right hand but Donaire answered that
              with an even harder right hand and controlled the rest of the
              round

Round 3 Donaire started landing the right hand against then
              he opened up with an impressive combo that dropped Vargas
              who was flat on his back and could not beat the count.

Donaire used his height & reach as he backed Vargas up behind the jab,
              Vargas was never going to get into this fight backing up, not against a guy
              that maintains distance and utilizes that reach by staying disciplined behind the jab.
              Vargas backing up was relying on counters but those counters were not there because
              Donaire did not leave him anything to counter, he worked his way in behind
              the jab and kept it long where the gap between them favoured the rangy fighter
              which was Donaire.

Donaire looks the way he always looks, fast throwing good counter punches, however
              im not sure how much his inside game has improved if at all.
              Watched Mike Weaver vs Gerrie Coetzee for the WBA HVT title this morning. A grueling,brutal fight that saw both fighters hurt numerous times. By the 3rd round, Coetzee was completely exhausted, so he continued to both hold Weaver and the ropes at the same time. The end came in the 13th round as in a heated exchange, Weaver ko'd Coetzee with a wicked right cross. Two of the most underrated Heavy's of their era. A must see fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
                Watched Mike Weaver vs Gerrie Coetzee for the WBA HVT title this morning. A grueling,brutal fight that saw both fighters hurt numerous times. By the 3rd round, Coetzee was completely exhausted, so he continued to both hold Weaver and the ropes at the same time. The end came in the 13th round as in a heated exchange, Weaver ko'd Coetzee with a wicked right cross. Two of the most underrated Heavy's of their era. A must see fight.
                I'm going to have to check that out, sounds like a barnburner.

Comment

• Gotti vs Ruelas very brutal fight!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mhager91490 View Post
                    I'm going to have to check that out, sounds like a barnburner.
                    Let us know what you think. Weaver engaged in many wars throughout the 80's

Comment

• Hagler-Hearns

Comment

Working...
                      X