No announcement yet.

Within the next year, we are going to see a changing of the guard in MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Within the next year, we are going to see a changing of the guard in MMA

There is going to be a big shake up in MMA during the next 365. I honestly think names like Nogueira, Couture, Henderson, and Penn are going to be pushed aside. For different reasons mind you, but here is why I think that.

Nogueira has already started to slip IMO. Two close wins (one of which was a split decison in which many people felt he lost) and a pasting at the man at the top of the divison right now are warning signs for him. The way to beat Nogueira has been discovered. Frustrate him. Pound him from the top, and defend his submissions. Stuff his takedowns and work from the top. People know this now, and are going to key on it.

Couture is just getting on in years. Yes, he is still the top fighter in the divison in many peoples eyes but time is gonna catch up with him. It has to happen because he isn't a god (although he is close).

Dan Henderson, same reasons as Couture. Knee problems and having to always fight bigger men wear down on you. Even if your the best p4p in the world.

Penn, I don't know if this guy really wants to fight MMA. I think he is gonna end up suffering from the samething the man he took the title from is currently fighting. He might just stop caring.

Honestly, I belive in a years time, we are going to be talking about a whole new set of fighters. Guys like Diaz, St. Pierre, Syliva, Thomson, Ribertio (best at 155 IMO). 205 is soon going to become a empty shell, with Silva fighting only tomato cans, but for a totaly different reason. There is no rising talent at 205 save Ryoto Machida and he fights for Inoki. HW has some rising stars but its general argeed upon that only one of them is going to rise up and take the spot light. However, which one depends on the person you ask

In one year, 205 is going to be a very weak divison. HW will most likely not improve. However 170, already the most exciting divison in MMA is going to be even better. Just with totally different names. 155 is right behind it too.

All the talent is flooing down to lower weight classes. There doesn't seem to be a shining light at the heavier weight classes. Its the little guys, ladies and gentleman, that are going to be getting my money.

Anyone disagree with me? Too bad, I am right

Re: Within the next year, we are going to see a changing of the guard in MMA

Originally posted by Creed
    Anyone disagree with me? Too bad, I am right
    There is always a first time for everything.... however I don't think this is it.

Comment

Your thoughts on Nog slipping are unfounded. Yes, he got wrecked from the top by Fedor. But just because Fedor accomplished that, it doesn't mean that any other heavyweight can do the same. Finding the "blueprint" to beat Nog is one thing, but being able to carry out the task is another. Fedor's sub defense is top notch, and he's got the best G'nP game in the business.

I find it hard to believe that Penn will disappear from the radar screen any time soon. The guy just tapped Matt Hughes when just about everyone, including yourself, thought Hughes was invincible. Penn's also very young, he's got world class skills and he can only get better.

Comment

Creed, shut up. Please, for the sake of new posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuno
          Creed, shut up. Please, for the sake of new posters.

Comment

Creed, one thing we've learned is that when it comes to MMA you're NEVER ****ing right. You're a ****ing idiot like that.

Comment

Working...
            X