Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAY overweight, hitting the Heavybag, need some tips...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ANT_P1989 View Post
    Second video of me hitting the heavybag...I threw 2 kicks on the bag as well, 1st kick sucked, 2nd kick had better technique (pause in between the kick to see the technique)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlcOCT-1jAo&sns=em
    very nice dude, real good technique. try to keep active, move your head and upper body while not punching and go to the body too.

and for kicking: remember to turn the kick in on the ball of your foot and push your hips into it.

doing great bro, for real.

Comment

Originally posted by paulsinghnl View Post
      very nice dude, real good technique. try to keep active, move your head and upper body while not punching and go to the body too.

and for kicking: remember to turn the kick in on the ball of your foot and push your hips into it.

doing great bro, for real.
      Preciate that homie! ;-) Pause the video right before my shin lands on the bag on the second kick, I turned my hips over with more rotation, but when after the kick lands it looks weird when I return back to my stance. Thanks for the tips, I'll be using the advice and making more combo videos.

Comment

Originally posted by young19boxer View Post
        As long as your still breathing its never too late
        ^^^best life advice right there. Ima go pro when I hit 70 and KO all the geezers in the old folks home!

Comment

im in the same boat im 21, 225 pounds, start boxing training last week

Comment

Good stuff man! I'm trying to drop some pounds myself. Just watch what you eat, and stay consistent with your exercises man. CONSISTENCY! You seem to be pretty good as of right now, so just stick to it and the pounds will come off. Just stay consistent, cautious, and patient.

Comment

how goes it all brother? i hope you staying in the gym.

Comment

Im not sure if it's been said.

but add weights to your training to burn fat quick..

do squats, dead lifts, bench press. heavy weight, 3 sets.. 3-5 reps.

squats and deadlifts burn hella calories. and get your foundation strong

Comment

Still in the gym, I love my gym, everyone is like fam to me. Having some money issues at the moment, but other than that, I'm still trying to work on it.

Comment

well don't need to go to the gym to stay active, road work, pushups at home, jump rope outside, even just jumping jacks can be killing. stay active!

Comment

Working...
                    X